Rumour Brennan to Suns? (Surely not a real trade)

• Thread starter Rumblah#16
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rumblah#16

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2010/10/06/brennan-joins-suns/

By Kim Hagdorn
6 October 2010 09:34PM EST

NEW AFL club Gold Coast has continued a recruiting heist with a historic trade deal to win the highly sought after services of brilliant Brisbane midfielder Jared Brennan.

Brennan, 26, who is out of contract and disgruntled with the Lions, is understood to have been traded to Gold Coast in a complicated deal that includes the new club on-trading pick number 25 they secured for swapping Krakouer to the Pies.

Brennan’s move also caused a swap between picks 10 and 15.

Brisbane had been due for pick number 10, while the Gold Coast had 15.

So... according to Kim, you've agreed to trade Brennan + 10, for 15 and 25?
:eek::confused::rolleyes:

Has Brennan even mentioned who he prefers? Usually the bigger players of trade week have their agent say that they prefer x club like what's going on with Sherman.

Believe me, the quotes from Jared are VERY specific. Article somewhere mentions he only wants to play for the suns. Another mentions he is 'out of there' if he is played in the ruck or as a filler somewhere.

By Kim Hagdorn
6 October 2010 09:34PM EST

NEW AFL club Gold Coast has continued a recruiting heist with a historic trade deal to win the highly sought after services of brilliant Brisbane midfielder Jared Brennan.

Brennan, 26, who is out of contract and disgruntled with the Lions, is understood to have been traded to Gold Coast in a complicated deal that includes the new club on-trading pick number 25 they secured for swapping Krakouer to the Pies.

Brennan’s move also caused a swap between picks 10 and 15.

Brisbane had been due for pick number 10, while the Gold Coast had 15.

So... according to Kim, you've agreed to trade Brennan + 10, for 15 and 25?
:eek::confused::rolleyes:

Read somewhere else it was 5 + 25, not 15 and 25. Could be a typo maybe? Otherwise just stupidity, hopefully.

Found this on the gold coast forum

I believe the 3-way trade is as follows-

• GC get Jarred Brennan, pick 10 & Josh Fraser (but to be taken as uncontracted player).

• Brisbane get pick 5, 15 & 25.

• Collingwood get Krakeour, Ceglar & compensation pick (for Josh Fraser).

This is to be confirmed AM October 7th.

Could be true? Last update I heard was Brisbane wouldn't accept the pick 10 for 5 and 15 trade. Gold Coast could give us 25 because really they get that pick for free.

If that happened. That would be 5 picks in the top 35 (assuming we get sydney's or bulldog's pick) We should save those compensation picks for another year, won't be delisting enough players to upgrade a certain rookie that deserves a spot

Originally Posted by knightsy

• GC get Jarred Brennan, pick 10 & Josh Fraser (but to be taken as uncontracted player).

Could be true? Last update I heard was Brisbane wouldn't accept the pick 10 for 5 and 15 trade. Gold Coast could give us 25 because really they get that pick for free.

That would be just fine. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That'd be decidedly over the odds compared to other versions going around. Brennan for a straight swap for 15 or Brennan+10 for 5+25 is unders IMO, Brennan+10 for 5+15 is fair-ish as is Brennan for 9/11... but Brennan+10 for 5+15+25 would be great.

Originally Posted by Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightsy

That would be just fine. :thumbsu:
Gee – surprise, surprise the 5, 15 and 25 takes the suggested trade to its n-teenth version.

Although… a positive as I see it is that, the club seems to be tightening the screws and not falling over like a rushed Indian construction, in an effort to get a beneficial trade result. [for a change... ]

Turning pick 10 into picks 5 and 15 would probably be ok, pick 25 as well is a nice litte cherry on top. Means we are looking at something like (not exact numbers, only guess work off the top of my head) picks 5, 15, 21 (or 28), 27, 31. I think our recruiters would be happy with that. I think we could nap a couple of good mids with our first 2 picks then look at a tall for our 3rd.

Turning pick 10 into picks 5 and 15 would probably be ok, pick 25 as well is a nice litte cherry on top. Means we are looking at something like (not exact numbers, only guess work off the top of my head) picks 5, 15, 21 (or 28), 27, 31. I think our recruiters would be happy with that. I think we could nap a couple of good mids with our first 2 picks then look at a tall for our 3rd.

Probably won't happen. Scott Clayton on SEN now & he stated that GC will keep picks 1 - 9 & will trade picks & pre-listed player/s to Brisbane.

Hopefully we can get pick 11 & a couple of players.

Would our Rischa compo pick come into play? Sounds like GC are trying to stockpile a few for future years.

Brennan + 10 + compo pick for 5 + 15 + 25?

That'd be an interesting one. Brennan for 15, plus an upgrade of five places on our first round pick and an upgrade of two (?) on our second round pick (we jump above WCE's priority pick and that's it). However there's a report of Clayton saying no top 10 picks will be traded, so it might come back to a straight Brennan for 11 or 13 swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back