Rumour Brennan to Suns? (Surely not a real trade)

• Thread starter Rumblah#16
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
just for all of those saying that Scott Clayton said they won't trade their top 10 picks what he actually said was their priority was maintaining their 9 picks in the top 15.

the two are fairly different and lends itself to a trade of first round picks to upgrade us from 10 to 5 or something similiar.

That is just a ugly trade our club are dumb at trading think they should be banned for 5 years and leave it to the fans.

Well technically it is under the thread titled 'Brennan to Suns? (surely not a real trade)', as opposed to the official trade thread

not official that trade is still just a rumour. Can we be a little more circumspect with what we label as an official trade on here please.
It is on the official AFL website; therefore we have to take it as an official press release. Surely they would not be reporting unsubstantiated rumours.:rolleyes:

Edit. Here we go Quigs. cheers:D

This is a terrible deal...lets hope it isn't being reported correctly.

Tambling was worth a straight swap for a end of first round pick and pick 50...

I would have thought Brennan alone would have got the Lions a pick between 8-15, let along Brennan + #10 for a 5 spot upgrade on your 1st rd pick and a 3rd rd pick you probably wont use ............

As a Lions fan what feels worse, the Fev trade last year (I know a heap of ppl were upset at loosing Henderson + #12) or this trade ???

If the Lions were going to drop their pants for pick 5 and the third round pick (fraser compo pick) then they should have at least demanded pick 3 and the compo pick.

Trade week doesnt end until Monday so why the hurry??????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have thought Brennan alone would have got the Lions a pick between 8-15, let along Brennan + #10 for a 5 spot upgrade on your 1st rd pick and a 3rd rd pick you probably wont use ............

As a Lions fan what feels worse, the Fev trade last year (I know a heap of ppl were upset at loosing Henderson + #12) or this trade ???
Yet to see it confirmed on the Lions' website. Until such time I would say it is too early to make a judgement call.

Yet to see it confirmed on the Lions' website. Until such time I would say it is too early to make a judgement call.

Apparently the deal won't be confirmed until tomorrow when the AFL advise Collingwood, what their compo pick will be.

It is as good as done.

You do realise how much this looks like a troll (or are you purposely trolling)?

Taking you on face value...Firstly, this Brennan trade has not yet been made. Secondly, the Fev trade on face value looked quite far and only hindsight heroes such as yourself will claim that Carlton screwed Brisbane over. Fev was injured and we did get pick 27 (who was also injured) so not looking good for us (but not for the lack of quality in the traded for players) but Henderson & Lucas so far have not set the world on fire either.

Trades only can be judged in hindsight. We are yet to see how much the Fev trade hurt / helped each club and it will be years before we can judge either.

You do realise how much this looks like a troll (or are you purposely trolling)?

Taking you on face value...Firstly, this Brennan trade has not yet been made. Secondly, the Fev trade on face value looked quite far and only hindsight heroes such as yourself will claim that Carlton screwed Brisbane over. Fev was injured and we did get pick 27 (who was also injured) so not looking good for us (but not for the lack of quality in the traded for players) but Henderson & Lucas so far have not set the world on fire either.

Trades only can be judged in hindsight. We are yet to see how much the Fev trade hurt / helped each club and it will be years before we can judge either.

Sorry I am not trying to troll, just know there was a fair amount of backlash over the Fev trade last year even before the season started, with supporters talking up how much of a loss Henderson was going to be, and how vital 1st rd picks were in the last uncompromised draft ..........

I know it probably looks bad coming from a Carlton supporter, but if I was to troll it would be on Bay 13 where it belongs.

Trade week doesnt end until Monday so why the hurry??????

I agree, we did last year with the Fev trade when we could have probably got away with just trading Henderson or pick 12 by itself.

We clearly have no idea what we are doing...for once I would actually like to feel we were the winners in a trade and it is just never the case. Doesn't bode well for the Sherman trade.:mad:

Sorry I am not trying to troll, just know there was a fair amount of backlash over the Fev trade last year even before the season started, with supporters talking up how much of a loss Henderson was going to be, and how vital 1st rd picks were in the last uncompromised draft ..........

I know it probably looks bad coming from a Carlton supporter, but if I was to troll it would be on Bay 13 where it belongs.

Fair enough, happy to give you the benefit of the doubt.

I'm not so sure the backlash was to do with Henderson, probably more so the 1st round pick, although from all reports this years and next years draft though compromised still contain a lot of quality. To be fair also, rounds 1 to 4 Brisbane looked genius' and while a lot of BF experts will claim all along they thought it was a bad idea, footy does just no work like that.

I digress though and the Fev trade is definitely off topic in this thread. Once a trade involving Brennan is confirmed than maybe you should come on and ask the same question if you really want to know what Brisbane supporters think of either trade...although I suspect your opinion is already set in stone on both trades.

I agree, we did last year with the Fev trade when we could have probably got away with just trading Henderson or pick 12 by itself.

We clearly have no idea what we are doing...for once I would actually like to feel we were the winners in a trade and it is just never the case. Doesn't bode well for the Sherman trade.:mad:

I'm sure we won the Hooper deal with Hawthorn. Although I don't know who we drafted with that pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back