Brent Harvey- 427 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Fyfe-Parker-Franklin-Sloane-Dangerfield-Mitchell-Pendles-Tex-Dusty-Walters-Rioli-Betts-Gibson-Ziebell-Steven-Hanners-Tippett-Goldy-Gawn-NicNat-Mundy-Shuey-Gray-Wingard-Burgoyne-JPK-Josh Kennedy-Rance-Viney- Coniglio-Cameron-Shaw- Selwood-Taylor-Bont-Ward-Stringer- Wood- Gunston- Rough- N.Riewoldt- Ablett- Wells- Gibbs- Sidebot- T.Lynch- Heppell- Zorko- Treloar- Hodge are all players ill have on the ahead list.

Don't understand the bitterness when someone doesn't rate a player this is the main board, supporters need to keep this kinda thing in the north page if all they want is endless praise.

HAHAHAHAHA

Great post

I can't believe how rubbish the main board is these days.

I suppose there has always been plenty of stupid people about, the Internet and smart phones have just made it easier for stupid people to share their stupid opinions.

Revealed in Boomer's book that he had two offers that were much more than he was receiving at North (from Carlton and Hawthorn) and he knocked them back because he loves the club.

So selfish though, only plays for himself.
;)

Agree totally. Well Duh, OFC he knocked those offers back, selfish little plick he is.

This is sparta? If your going to quote a film as an insult, quote right you muppet.

At what point does this look like a direct quote?, it validates your insane ramblings and immature whining an bitching about a 38 yr old footy player. You're a sad campaigner.

You must be a very sad little panda :(

Such a shame a section of the football public are all such jealous flogs they won't be able to enjoy such a monumentous achievement.

I feel sorry for them. Silly buggers.

In years to come when they're silly old flogs, their grandchildren will ask them if they saw the great Boomer Harvey, and the silly old flogs will reply "Yep sure did. Couldn't stand him at all."

And said grandchildren won't give a s**t. They'll just be spewing they didn't get a chance to Boomer the little marvel break the record.

Good times

Calm down old timer. We just have different definition of what a champion is. For example, every dick and harry in your time is a champion in your eyes, for me personally the game has maybe 15, 20 players in history and both don't make the list. Wipe your tears.
Let me school ya then sonny.
Well Dipper was a brownlow medalist with 5 count em 5 premiership medallions.
Platten was a brownlow and magery (google it) medalist with 4 premierships.
Dermie has 5x day and 5 time night premierships with a Highlight reel to rival anyone who ever played.
Knights only has Three premierships however he was 9x State team in a career cruled with injuries, his highlight reel would challenge Dermies.
With Ayres we are back to 5 premierships plus 2 norm smiths.
Dunstall kicked over 1250 goals with 17 goals 5 in one game (top three or four full fowards of all time).
Hudson kicked over 700 goals in barely 100 games - highest average goals per game in history (top one full foward of all time ).
And finally we come to Matthews- greatest player of all time p e r i o d.
All Hawthorn team of the century and all AFL hall of famers.
Judd and Gablett jnr were good players but no better than any of these blokes and not fit to stud the boots of some of them.
Wipe your chin, its got bullshit on it.

Dermie has 5x day and 5 time night premierships with a Highlight reel to rival anyone who ever played.
Knights only has Three premierships however he was 9x State team in a career cruled with injuries, his highlight reel would challenge Dermies.
Dunstall kicked over 1250 goals with 17 goals 5 in one game (top three or four full fowards of all time).
Hudson kicked over 700 goals in barely 100 games - highest average goals per game in history (top one full foward of all time ).
Judd and Gablett jnr were good players but no better than any of these blokes and not fit to stud the boots of some of them.
Your right on Matthews, Dunstall and Hudson, i consider them champions, the others are great players but not champions in MY opinion, not saying its right but its what i think, sorry if it pains you to read it. Judd and Ablett are superior players to the others you mentioned, non hawks fans would agree with that. This is a different topic for another thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your right on Matthews, Dunstall and Hudson, i consider them champions, the others are great players but not champions in MY opinion, not saying its right but its what i think, sorry if it pains you to read it. Judd and Ablett are superior players to the others you mentioned, non hawks fans would agree with that. This is a different topic for another thread.
Judd and Ablett are comparable players, superior in some aspects inferior in others.
Boomer (again I dont like him- annoying mouthy little s**t) is comparable to Judd and Gablett jnr as well, on his best day arguably better.
He probably would have won a couple of brownlows if the umpires didn't dislike him too.
Thanks for your list of 50 players better than boomer btw- i needed a laugh.

Judd and Ablett are comparable players, superior in some aspects inferior in others.
Boomer (again I dont like him- annoying mouthy little s**t) is comparable to Judd and Gablett jnr as well, on his best day arguably better.
He probably would have won a couple of brownlows if the umpires didn't dislike him too.
Thanks for your list of 50 players better than boomer btw- i needed a laugh.
judging by your need to dismiss a different opinion, i think you'd be a miserable kind of bloke so it sounds like you needed a chuckle, i'm glad.

judging by your need to dismiss a different opinion, i think you'd be a miserable kind of bloke so it sounds like you needed a chuckle, i'm glad.
An 'opinion' is that boomer has a bad haircut or tucky talks too much.
Saying they are "just decent" players is a factually incorrect statement.

Lots of bitter and twisted posts here which is a shame :(
Can we not just celebrate the achievement for what it actually is? That is: An awesome achievement by a player to play the most VFL/AFL games in history.
Arguing if he is "top 10", "Top 50" or comparing him to other players just seems silly. Even if he had never won a BF, never played in a Premiership and had only kicked 20 goals in his career, it would still be an awesome achievement.
Congratulations Boomer. Looking forward to your 450th too :)

I find it interesting that people debate the term champion. Fair enough debate who you consider A Grade or Elite or whatever, but champion simply means to win the league. I.e. A championship.

Not sure how it can be so confusing to some people.

Not a patch on Boomer though. Lolz :drunk:

Sorry is this the thread for Brent Harvey 427 games or Brent Harvey greatest player of all-time?

But yes, he doesn't play for Hawthorn so you don't rate him.

The AFL erred by not simply naming Hawthorn's TOTC as their own.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back