Brent Harvey- 427 games

Remove this Banner Ad

I pretty much said. Why would Tuck care about getting a North Melbourne Guernsey as a tribute to the guy breaking his record?

It's a simple question. I get it is a big PR move but still, it's laughable.
Lol. Maybe, one of you should ask Michael Tuck what he thinks about it and save us all from this "pissing in the wind".

What a milestone to a champion player.
Never understood or bought into the Boomer hate, he's always just looked a super talent to me. Well done breaking the "record that could never be broken".

Glad my club can be a part of the history, despite hoping we can spoil the party somewhat :)

Here's hoping for a cracking game :thumbsu:

Playing so many games will always put your stats at the top. What the averages of all these stats are is what is important.

Mark Waugh has more test runs than Bradman.

typical bulldogs supporter, club that achieves nothing so rips on others achievements and gestures
It's a s**t gesture.

That personally made jumper will lie at the bottom of a cupboard for it's eternity.

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
Couldn't think of a more selfish person currently playing in the AFL. Not that hard to circle around your teammates like Gollum and shriek "give me the preciouses" after they've done all the hard work obtaining it.

Wouldn't take a pay-cut so the club agreed to rig a raffle so he scored a free car. Often seen torping balls from 70m out after taking on 5 opposition players and burning all his teammates.

Yeah that's how I remember it as well.

tumblr_leu7c54QHR1qbrikgo1_500.png

DrEvil_

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Why do we celebrate 427? I mean next week boomer will be setting a new record 428. Surely we celebrate Boomers last game as that will be the actual record?

DrEvil_

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Couldn't think of a more selfish person currently playing in the AFL. Not that hard to circle around your teammates like Gollum and shriek "give me the preciouses" after they've done all the hard work obtaining it.

Wouldn't take a pay-cut so the club agreed to rig a raffle so he scored a free car. Often seen torping balls from 70m out after taking on 5 opposition players and burning all his teammates.
Good that Hirdy is no longer in the AFL huh?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 1, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Incredible dedication, durability, adaptability and longevity. Congratulations Boomer.

I'll never forget his point of the century against us in 2010 as he ran away from the lightning fast Matt Priddis:

Or his cheek to get 50m down in Tassie when he knocked the ball out of Priddis' hands:

Both clips involve Priddis :huh: Boomer must love to troll him. And lo and behold here he is taking a hanger on Priddis:

DrEvil_

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Only you could make a thread about Brent Harvey into James Hird. Hirdy must have done an absolute number on the Mrs haha. That everlasting erection.
Well you brought up the most selfish person, who else do you think the rest of the world have in mind?

jacko57

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No, I'm just commenting what I think. I deal with a lot of PR spin in my line of work so of course I'm going to see through it a bit more. If people choose to just lap it up and think "what a wonderful gesture" that's fine. I look it and think so what? It's an empty token.
Do you produce all the spin that Peter Gordon comes up with????

jacko57

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Cool story. Just admit you've never watched him play.

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
Amazing achievement. I reckon records will always be broken eventually, but Congrats to Boomer, I can never believe how quick he still is.

Yep it's easy when you only run one way. Have a look. Like Goodes in his final years they let others run back and save all their petrol tickets when their is a possie or a goal in it for them.

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
Yep it's easy when you only run one way. Have a look. Like Goodes in his final years they let others run back and save all their petrol tickets when their is a possie or a goal in it for them.

When you're statistically the best kick going inside 50 in the entire competition, it generally benefits the team to run forward.

It's like calling him selfish for going for goal when he's the best finisher in the side.

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No, I'm just commenting what I think. I deal with a lot of PR spin in my line of work so of course I'm going to see through it a bit more. If people choose to just lap it up and think "what a wonderful gesture" that's fine. I look it and think so what? It's an empty token.
It is almost as empty as your faux false-name on-line outrage I would say.

It would be a cold day in hell when you are unable to pass a negative comment on either Boomer or North, so take your petulance back to your own board; where you can bemoan paying some young tool many hundreds of thousands of dollars to be suspended or spudding it up in the magoos.

Supa_Nova

Team Captain
Oct 6, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's a s**t gesture.

That personally made jumper will lie at the bottom of a cupboard for it's eternity.
i disagree. couldve just ignored him altoghether. hasnt. its not a gesture to me, you, north, or ne one EXCEPT michael tuck. boomer has never worn long sleeves, the first time is in this warm up, and prob woulda sold for 2k with a signature, but its going to tucky. a good gesture is a good gesture.

Back