Brent Harvey- 427 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Boomers games record will largely be meaningless.

Played a lot games - sure

But not an elite AFL Champion by any stretch of the imagination.

Wayne Carey can breathe easy as he will remain North's greatest ever player.
So he is second at NM behind one of the greatest of all time? Not a bad effort

Boomers games record will largely be meaningless.

Played a lot games - sure

But not an elite AFL Champion by any stretch of the imagination.

Wayne Carey can breathe easy as he will remain North's greatest ever player.
So Tuck's record has been meaningless for 25 years eh? First I'm hearing of it.

Another graphic from today's Weekend Oz re Boomer's stats. The running bounces is what will stick in my mind about Boomer when in 25 years time his record is broken.

upload_2016-7-30_15-20-13.png

Would love to win tonight, but with all the best to Boomer and win or lose would love to see him BOG tonight.

What a great achievement - superlatives fail to describe it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah I don't see that at all. What part of what Harvey is doing leads you that conclusion ?
I am shocked by the effort and depth of criticism this act us drawing - admittedly only by a few posters, but pretty revealing of a one-dimensional perspective.

Tuck and Boomer connected significantly recently when Boomer (& Dustin Fletcher ) reached the 400 club. They share a very rare honour which must be earned, never bestowed.

The jumper thing is a mark of respect. Tuck's comments about Boomers milestone #posted earlier) are complimentary and suggest a mutual respect not a man who is imagining slights that don't exist.

People who are confident in their achievements and self-assured - like Tuck has every right to be - tend to be gracious not petty. Boomer is behaving unselfishly through this action, making it about more than himself.
But some people are too small-minded to see it which is a shame. I guess tall poppy syndrome alive and well...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back