News Brent Harvey Games Record Jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

This isn't a criticism of North Melbourne specifically, more of a criticism of the way the competition is going; however, have a look at the number of jumpers North Melbourne has worn this year: North-2016.gif North-Away-2016.gif North-3dp-2016.gif North-96Prem-2016.gif North-Indig-2016.gif 265376_1032fa3a4f637ae2163d7c86f11db38f.png

It is getting a little bit over the top of you ask me.

Only ballsing up 1/6 isn't bad.

But seriously, the only one we could have gone without is the 3DP one, which makes such a small difference you could make a case to not even count it as a different jumper, it's the same with a logo slapped on.

Bringing back the bounding roo is the best thing the clubs done since keeping North South.

You can't not acknowledge the games record breaker. It would be nice if it wasn't executed so poorly, but not giving him his own jumper would be an absolute waste. Should have been the best money-spinner the league has ever seen. His PI's will go for bloody heaps, too.

And we had to have a home, clash and Indigenous.

Not north specifically, but for the AFL in general the number of one-offs is getting a bit out of hand. You should get a home, an away/alternate, a clash, your indigenous and 3 one-offs every two years (i.e any two year period shouldn't have any more than 3 one-offs)

Not north specifically, but for the AFL in general the number of one-offs is getting a bit out of hand. You should get a home, an away/alternate, a clash, your indigenous and 3 one-offs every two years (i.e any two year period shouldn't have any more than 3 one-offs)
But..but..but.. what about celebrating 5 year club members??

Not sure if soccer is the greatest comparison. They change kits every season (generally keeping the same base but look at someone like Southampton who have mixed with plain red v red and white stripes. Couple that in with randomly coloured away kits and it's a mess.

North is royal blue and white, nothing more and nothing less.
I meant in terms of branding, Man U is known for being red. Manufacturers change, sponsors change, but red is their brand and it's a strong one. If you look in the crowd at a game, you see red. The same thing happens at Melbourne Storm games, purple is their colour, and they brand themselves that way, even in away or one off kits, purple is always a feature. A lot of AFL clubs are so keen on making a few extra dollars that they can wear upwards of half a dozen different strips a year, which I feel dilutes the impact of the home strip. How can North build a strong brand on blue stripes on a white jumper if they hardly ever wear it, and the fans buy every other kit under the sun?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I meant in terms of branding, Man U is known for being red. Manufacturers change, sponsors change, but red is their brand and it's a strong one. If you look in the crowd at a game, you see red. The same thing happens at Melbourne Storm games, purple is their colour, and they brand themselves that way, even in away or one off kits, purple is always a feature. A lot of AFL clubs are so keen on making a few extra dollars that they can wear upwards of half a dozen different strips a year, which I feel dilutes the impact of the home strip. How can North build a strong brand on blue stripes on a white jumper if they hardly ever wear it, and the fans buy every other kit under the sun?

This is a good point but it's interesting to note that the Storm basically abandoned purple and relegated it to a very minor colour in their kit a few years ago, it's only in the last couple that they've brought it back to prominence. It's a shame they turfed the yellow again too.

This is a good point but it's interesting to note that the Storm basically abandoned purple and relegated it to a very minor colour in their kit a few years ago, it's only in the last couple that they've brought it back to prominence. It's a shame they turfed the yellow again too.
When did this happen, I know they've phased out the yellow ages ago.

EFA

The Drew Petrie one is ok.

The Bounding Roo should have gone a full blue back with white numbers and the gold highlights were a bit wankish.
The Boomer one is just horrid.
Oh it was Drew Petrie. It was either a radio station or well best not mentioned till after the children go to bed :$

The simple thing they should have done was asked Brent Harvey what he wanted on the jumper. Nick Riewoldt chose to wear the jumper he debuted in to wear for his 300th match, Brent could have done the same or he could have a design of his own which he would like the club to use. The thing is it will be Brent's big match and he should celebrated it in what he wants.

The simple thing they should have done was asked Brent Harvey what he wanted on the jumper. Nick Riewoldt chose to wear the jumper he debuted in to wear for his 300th match, Brent could have done the same or he could have a design of his own which he would like the club to use. The thing is it will be Brent's big match and he should celebrated it in what he wants.
Given how tacky it looks they probably did ;) :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back