Retired Brent Harvey [retired]

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love him at Collingwood, show some young forwards (esp Elliot but also Crocker and maybe Fas) how to play midfield/forward.

The guy is still so annoying he must be doing something right.

Well i must be out on the ledge by myself........ thank God we finally got the balls to tell him its over. Anyone who thinks he was good Saturday night wasnt watching.

Or GWS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think GWS would need him, they've already got a plethora of young small forwards/mids, plus they've still got old man Stevey J.

I think he'd fit in perfectly on a HFF for the Bulldogs, especially with their game style.

Really strange situation. Good enough to go on for another year. But somehow this should be at North. A few years ago his experience would have been a huge value for the new clubs but not anymore. And as a FP/mid he is not so much playing a missing piece position for clubs in contention. Most are probably get more value from playing a younger recruit. Might do a bit less well, but a chance to offer more long term. At his age Harvey also comes with a risk as well, even when he obviously has proven to be pretty durable...

Well i must be out on the ledge by myself........ thank God we finally got the balls to tell him its over. Anyone who thinks he was good Saturday night wasnt watching.
I'm actually totally with you, I've watched many of his games this year and yes he had a handful of rippers kicking numerous goals but there were plenty he turned the ball over resulting goals and the final the other day was a classic example of it. It's easy to look at stats and see he's racked up 20 disposals and think it's good but when 12 of them are 1-2 handball links backwards it's vastly inflated the significance. Make no mistake his best is still very good and he's been an absolute superstar for so long but I just don't see the value in retaining him and holding out younger players any longer as it would appear North are going to need to take steps back before forward so for me the time has come to retire.

I think you give him a tap on the shoulder before the season starts that it may be his last with the club. For the games' record holder, club champion, premiership player, it's been handled poorly.

Who would walk away from the salary that footballers get. He will probably never earn more than $100k a year again so if he gets an opportunity to earn $350k for 2 years he owes it to his family to at least consider it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of people like to mention that he will be taking away opportunities for younger players. I'm pretty sure he will only take up 1 spot in the team and if a promising, young player can't get a game ahead of a 38 year old, maybe he will realise that he needs to get better, quickly.

Last edited:
If that was true, then North wouldn't be de-listing him.

Because we need to rebuild - big chance we struggle next year and as Harvey is not great defensively that will offset whatever he does on offence. He has to play for a good side that can win the flag. At least Wells works back and helps out in the backline. NDS is similar to Harvey - it's why they got the chop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back