Retired Brent Harvey [retired]

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn't tackle so not sure how he would get a game within the Dog's system?
Exactly, wouldn't be suited to the doggies and their style of play. He'll go alright Carlton or other lower clubs.

Doesn't tackle so not sure how he would get a game within the Dog's system?

Exactly, wouldn't be suited to the doggies and their style of play. He'll go alright Carlton or other lower clubs.

x2

Don't see the Caleb Daniel comparisons either. Daniel runs both ways and is our best mid at goal assists. Boomer would rather take the shot :)

x2

Don't see the Caleb Daniel comparisons either. Daniel runs both ways and is our best mid at goal assists. Boomer would rather take the shot :)
Funnily enough this was discussed on the north board. Basically, even though Harvey could have played next season, he wasn't always willing to do the team pressure acts and defence, which didn't suit the team's style of play this year and next year as well. Next year is a change in strategy with using more two way running tackling half and small forwards and players as evidenced by our recent trading and drafting.

Anderson, garner, Wagner, turner types (hard tacklers and two way runners) need Harvey's and Dal's time in the firsts as we look towards developing a more pressure and tackling focused team.

Will never understand why people say a player backing themselves to take the shot is bad.

If you're one of the best kicks in the team, go for goal. Simple. Don't muck around with it.

Oh but you don't get the masturbating around your goal assist stats, woopty ******* doo.

Will never understand why people say a player backing themselves to take the shot is bad.

If you're one of the best kicks in the team, go for goal. Simple. Don't muck around with it.

Oh but you don't get the masturbating around your goal assist stats, woopty ******* doo.
It's why he dominated the league for nearly 20 years. I sense a change in club direction and team strategy to a more defensive gameplay during this and next year may have been one of the reasons behind boomer's delistment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funnily enough, Daniel averages 0.2 more goal assists a game. Wow.

Less than an extra tackle too.

Heh.. settle pettle

Was more about the comparisons in this thread between the two players, than any slight on Harvey.

I'm all for it, lets face it if North were genuinely in flag contention next year Boomers contract would've been extended, now i'm not saying we're in flag contention next year but having a player like him around our young group 'might' be a godsend, lessons in preparation-dedication and sheer hard work are things we could do with, and he can play a bit.

I like the idea of Wells but not for 3 years, and i'm oppossed to Mayne on the reported contract size.

Lol at all the pie bashing.

We have one of the youngest lists in the comp. Wells, mayne and even boomer would help us

Are you Suprised by that when you are not on the Collingwood Board:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back