Rumour Brenton Sanderson to the Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

If you are to believe the rumours then this photo should give you a hint:

hqdefault.jpg

Exactly what I heard!

Very good point.
Sometimes its the mob (other clubs) just following the flag winners and raiding their assistants. Based on hoping success follows. There is laid in that but maybe still missing out best talent as over looking other non flag system talent.
How did MMs lot go: Neeld, Watters, Scott (Nth), Laidley, McKenna... Buckley too.
Interesting comment by Bucks on SEN was that he had Neeld, Watters to continue and Sanderson new as his assistant coaches, then all three were no longer available. Would have been interesting start to his career.

Considering how good Harvey was at disposing of the ball, he hasn't rubbed off at all on our current batch.
Some of the handball Friday were metres behind the player.

It beggars belief how lacking we are at fundamental skills at this point.

And our forward line is a debacle.
At least Grace can say he had the best forwards missing for large chunks over the last year.

The only aspect of Harvey's game that wasn't elite was his disposal. A similar player to Swan.

So? Sando has already acknowledged that things have to be done differently

The problem I have with that Geelong Advertiser article is that what Sanderson perceives as his weaknesses at Adelaide are exactly the same as what most perceive Buckley's weaknesses to be. If we are to get new assistants to support Buckley, surely we should be targetting people who's strengths and mitigate our current weaknesses

The problem I have with that Geelong Advertiser article is that what Sanderson perceives as his weaknesses at Adelaide are exactly the same as what most perceive Buckley's weaknesses to be. If we are to get new assistants to support Buckley, surely we should be targetting people who's strengths and mitigate our current weaknesses
Long term I would agree but this is short term fix. Bucks is in his last year. What is more important: message or messenger? Imho it should be the latter in this case.
By the time confidence between a new asst. coach and Bucks has been established, message to sink in etc etc much time has been wasted and for what gain? Unless we miss out on a very good asst coach that could be of use post 2017 but new coaches will bring their own anyway.

Just want to let everyone know the falling out with the players story is just a cover up for the real reason he was given the boot.

Was highly regarded at Geelong and is currently doing fantastic work with AFL draft academy.

Don't always buy into the narrative.
Already said this area ago. He was caught porking one of the female staff on the boardroom table by Ricuitto. And apparently was a pants man with several females around the place.

Rumour?.
I don't think so, but no official announcement yet but I have heard him asked the question in two occasions and both times he has used the standard answer that he is employed by the AFL but would look at coaching opportunities.
So, what does he bring to CFC?
Is being the head coaches best mate a good or bad thing?
And what of the rumours about how he lost his last coaching job? Are they just rumours or has he the potential to split the club apart?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back