Brenton Speed

Remove this Banner Ad

Very strange timing, this thread.

I logged in just now just to comment on Speed's work, and somebody has made a thread about it just before I got here.

Anyway I enjoy his commentary in the A-League and the AFL. Amazing that he can do both so well.

Doesn't just know the players better than most others, but he understands the game.

To top it off, he puts the game and the viewers before himself. Very unusual.

He does in the A-League.

'Oh my goodness'.
He does, but only when something out of the ordinary happens.
Unlike BT and Derwayne who will do it in normal play.

Very strange timing, this thread.

I logged in just now just to comment on Speed's work, and somebody has made a thread about it just before I got here.

Anyway I enjoy his commentary in the A-League and the AFL. Amazing that he can do both so well.

Doesn't just know the players better than most others, but he understands the game.

To top it off, he puts the game and the viewers before himself. Very unusual.

And he commentates the NRL too! Triple threat. Consumate professional.

He calls it straight and accurately without the ego but if I had a criticism it's that sometimes his voice is very low, almost giving the impression of boardem.

One of the best going around.
Huddo, Jason Bennett and Speedy are the best callers of the game

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clicked on here and thought surely people can't be bagging him. Nice to see professionalism appreciating. Know some ABC guys do lots of sports but none as well as he does imo.

Would be pretty hard for 7 to steal him from Foxtel given he is a staple A League commentator as well for Fox Sports.

But yes, he is terrific

Remove this Banner Ad

Back