Certified Legendary Thread Brett Burton has been sacked and other great things

Remove this Banner Ad

And there it is, they were blindsided by the review and had planned on keeping him.

For all that’s gone on in the previous 2 years, to make these comments shows how clueless they were.

Also why did Chapman feel the need to do that interview in the first place, another example of poor judgement
It's likes of this statement by Chappy that ensured Burton a decent payout. Had he been performanced managed properly it would have been a different matter...

It's likes of this statement by Chappy that ensured Burton a decent payout. Had he been performanced managed properly it would have been a different matter...

You only performance manage when you think there’s a problem with performance. Chappy was just saying what he believed, he’s a complete idiot.

You only performance manage when you think there’s a problem with performance. Chappy was just saying what he believed, he’s a complete idiot.
Indeed.

Under his "leadership" we have had payouts for Tippett-gate, Sando, Pyke, Campo & now Burton. This is part of our hard earned, with membership prices significantly increased above cpi over the past few years, that could have been avoided if we had competent management.

Chappy needs to go as he has been a big part of the problem & should not be part of the future.

Indeed.

Under his "leadership" we have had payouts for Tippett-gate, Sando, Pyke, Campo & now Burton. This is part of our hard earned, with membership prices significantly increased above cpi over the past few years, that could have been avoided if we had competent management.

Chappy needs to go as he has been a big part of the problem & should not be part of the future.

I'm sure Neil received a pretty decent payout too, especially being on staff and a long term employee.

To quote Mego Red how do you know? This may have only added 3 days extra pay to the payout.

This stuff happens all the time, public displays of praise for a job well done, right before you call a review which results in their sacking. It’s good practise.

You must be an unhappy guy to be this critical.

To quote Mego Red how do you know? This may have only added 3 days extra pay to the payout.

This stuff happens all the time, public displays of praise for a job well done, right before you call a review which results in their sacking. It’s good practise.

Lol, yes I'm unhappy... when my club is poorly managed & wasting money with payouts.

Like with my work, I have high expectations, & admit incompetent management & financial waste annoy me.

It shows Chapman's fundamental flaw.

He does what he considers to be the right thing by the club's employees rather than by the club.

He's unable or unwilling to differentiate between the two.

He would have regarded publicly backing in Burton as being the best way to support the club. When in actual fact those actions destroy the club.

August 20th 2019

"Brett is a new-age, innovative football manager who is learning, by his own admission. And as soon as any of us stop learning, we’ll give the game away,” he (Chapman) said.

“He’s learning and has learned a lot in this role. But I’m backing him to be one of the elite football managers, when judged at the end of his tenure.”
Needs to be buckets of pressure upon this incompetent moron.

He does what he considers to be the right thing by the club's employees rather than by the club.

He would have regarded publicly backing in Burton as being the best way to support the club. When in actual fact those actions destroy the club.
Which brings me again to quoting an interaction I had with Trigg before we sacked Craig. He publicly supported Craig and dismissed concerns after we lost badly with a small crowd against Essendon I think. I picked him up on it, he replied with “you know nothing about business if you can’t see backing in employees is the right thing” or words to that effect. Then Craig was sacked the following week.

Yes, just like he was happy for AFC to cop bigger draft penalties to reduce Trigg's personal penalty.

The individual should never be bigger than the club.

Yes, just like he was happy for AFC to cop bigger draft penalties to reduce Trigg's personal penalty.

The individual should never be bigger than the club.
I called Chapman out on that at the time, I think it was the beginning of the end of our relationship

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What it does show is this club can’t truly move forward without Chapman and his cohort of incompetent men going too.

Exactly. It's standard practice to express your absolute confidence in the guy, about a week before he gets the boot. This sort of statement is the kiss of death for a high-level employee. Chapman did over-egg it, though.

Exactly. It's standard practice to express your absolute confidence in the guy, about a week before he gets the boot. This sort of statement is the kiss of death for a high-level employee. Chapman did over-egg it, though.
There’s a huge difference between giving him “the backing of the board” and giving the gushing praise that Chapman gave to Burton. That’s where he erred...

Even if hypothetically Burton had cracked the shits and gone to the media, who in the footy community would really give a s**t what he has to say? This isn't Kevin Sheedy or Leigh Matthews we're talking about here. He has no credentials, no reputation for success. In a short amount of time, he managed to destroy Brisbane's list with injuries and then goes on to wreck the Crows both physically and mentally in an even shorter amount of time. Like anybody who follows AFL gives a fu** what Burton thinks.

that’s a terrible take

Which brings me again to quoting an interaction I had with Trigg before we sacked Craig. He publicly supported Craig and dismissed concerns after we lost badly with a small crowd against Essendon I think. I picked him up on it, he replied with “you know nothing about business if you can’t see backing in employees is the right thing” or words to that effect. Then Craig was sacked the following week.

what Trigg knows about business was quickly found at Carlton

that’s a terrible take
Not saying they shouldn't have paid him to go away quietly. It's the smarter move. We don't need another media shitstorm. People who actually follow footy though, enthusiasts or whatever you want to call them, wouldn't be placing much stock in what Burton has to say given his abysmal record.

Indeed.

He's such a weak little man. He was being interviewed earlier in the year by Rowe and he asked a few tough questions. Instead of answering them he started to talk about some guy close to the club who passed away. It was a pathetic attempt for pity and for them to go easy on him.

It's staggering to think he believes he should be able to dictate a succession plan. The little **** should have been run out of town with Trigg.

He's such a weak little man. He was being interviewed earlier in the year by Rowe and he asked a few tough questions. Instead of answering them he started to talk about some guy close to the club who passed away. It was a pathetic attempt for pity and for them to go easy on him.

It's staggering to think he believes he should be able to dictate a succession plan. The little **** should have been run out of town with Trigg.

Snivelling and coward are two words that spring to mind. An incompetent piece of s**t he is.

Indeed.

Will Nicks eventually be paid out is he going to be the saviour or another failure

I guess only time will tell

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

What it does show is this club can’t truly move forward without Chapman and his cohort of incompetent men going too.

Chapman, Roo and Fagan should all vacate their roles within 12 months. The results in the past 24 months and the damning findings of the review suggest our upper management have been either negligent or are simply incompetent in their oversight of the football club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back