Certified Legendary Thread Brett Burton has been sacked and other great things

Remove this Banner Ad

Chapman, Roo and Fagan should all vacate their roles within 12 months. The results in the past 24 months and the damning findings of the review suggest our upper management have been either negligent or are simply incompetent in their oversight of the football club.

I think that history shows that I was early in the movement to * Fagan off. But, gut feel is that he was isolated from the Footy Dept and I’m more than comfortable that he remains. Chapman must go, that’s a given. Roo next. Then we see what happens.

You only performance manage when you think there’s a problem with performance. Chappy was just saying what he believed, he’s a complete idiot.

thats right, so then they performance managed and the methodology was so amateur that this is where we landed. With a completely blindsided plethora of incompetence.

thats right, so then they performance managed and the methodology was so amateur that this is where we landed. With a completely blindsided plethora of incompetence.
I doubt there was any proper performance management at all...

I doubt there was any proper performance management at all...

There’s pretty much no chance that Chappo or Rooo thought anything was wrong. They probably still hate Fagan for pushing for the review. If those morons had their way, Burto and Campo would still be held in high esteem and Fagan would be without a job. They are the ante-thesis to high performance. That Chappo has survived tells us all we need to know.

There’s pretty much no chance that Chappo or Rooo thought anything was wrong. They probably still hate Fagan for pushing for the review. If those morons had their way, Burto and Campo would still be held in high esteem and Fagan would be without a job. They are the ante-thesis to high performance. That Chappo has survived tells us all we need to know.
It's ironic Burton was called a "high performance" manager...

It's ironic Burton was called a "high performance" manager...

only at the AFC does a guy get the arse for being s**t end up with the same job and then get promoted to run the entire s**t show. ******* Chapman, a stain on anything resembling high performance.

Chapman, Roo and Fagan should all vacate their roles within 12 months. The results in the past 24 months and the damning findings of the review suggest our upper management have been either negligent or are simply incompetent in their oversight of the football club.
Both

If Fagan didn't do what he did then Burton, Campo and Pyke would still be there.

He's done a reasonable job in his role, which is not very football related.

If Fagan didn't do what he did then Burton, Campo and Pyke would still be there.

He's done a reasonable job in his role, which is not very football related.
He is the CEO of a club who blew its premiership window mainly due to off field incompetence. He’s a huge part of the problem.

He is the CEO of a club who blew its premiership window mainly due to off field incompetence. He’s a huge part of the problem.
Not sure how much was his doing as he put his trust of Football Admin in the hands of the wrong people... hence the changes.

Chapman is the 1st that needs to go now & usually best that the CEO hang around until the other newbies are comfortable in their roles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They both should have resigned at the conclusion of the review, that they didnt just shows their arrogance.
Chappy has been a complete failure and has chaired over multiple disasters. The only reason he had remains is in the hope of the club getting back to the upper spots on the ladder and at the same time he can then use this to resurrect his failed reputation.
He is a walking disaster.

Roo, lets face it is only on the board for 2 reason. One that he is a champion of the club and second his mate Hurley moved out so that Roo could take his place.
And that's not even touching on his arrogant outburst to the supporters.

Is it any wonder we find ourselves where we are today when we have 2 people at this level that are simply way out of their depth.

Wouldn’t surprise if Chapman is partly responsible for global warming the dosey little ****.

Correct...... All premiership clubs have a smooth functioning admin no dramas, no headlines for all the wrong reasons, club ticking over everyone on the same page

I’m prepared to cut him some slack seeing as it’s fairly likely that Roo and Burton ran the footy dept with the full support of the board. And the whispers were that he’d been denied his request for a review and that he was in the opposing camp to Roo and Burton. I expect he’ll now be more involved and have more control in getting the right people into the right seats. So a repeat sees him squarely in the gun.

I’m prepared to cut him some slack seeing as it’s fairly likely that Roo and Burton ran the footy dept with the full support of the board. And the whispers were that he’d been denied his request for a review and that he was in the opposing camp to Roo and Burton. I expect he’ll now be more involved and have more control in getting the right people into the right seats. So a repeat sees him squarely in the gun.
Maybe his crime is giving these two too much rope

I doubt he had any power at all. Their failure has probably changed the power dynamics
This is a good point. Let’s let Fagan create and enjoy his own failures like all those that came before him.

I wonder if the last 2 years has humbled Riccuito at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back