Brett Burton

Remove this Banner Ad

Whoever thought when he used to frustrate the hell out of us as a player that he would come back to haunt as the GM football. Would love to know how much he is getting paid and what his KPI's are.

Sorry, that sort of information stays behind the four walls.

Listening to his interview.

He sounds like a bumbling idiot. They went soft on him too..
He's a classic case of someone who thinks he is much smarter than what he is.

Absolutely no self awareness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is for the person doing the sacking and for anyone whose livelihood was impacted by said s**tness.

People underestimate how even 1 toxic employee can negatively impact a small to midsize org. I had to fire one once and I must admit I felt zero empathy for the guy. Karma's a bitch.

I would love to be in the room when AFC CEO Brett Burton eventually gets the boot.

He's a classic case of someone who thinks he is much smarter than what he is.

Absolutely no self awareness.

I agree. No self awareness, no apology, no responsibility for our mess. In fact he almost sounds like he thinks he is being victimized. Traits of a narcissist?

For what he and Roo have done to this club (and in a premiership window) I hate the bastards.

Would feel pretty terrible (and awkward) to fire someone I reckon, even though its part of your job as a manager/top brass

01d4171b2444bab14ca6e6420ead37e9.jpg

Well this made me laugh..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Surprised Macca didn't add dickhead

Would feel pretty terrible (and awkward) to fire someone I reckon, even though its part of your job as a manager/top brass

Normally I would agree with you but this guy was really, really bad. Really toxic to the team. Undermined every thing good that we were doing. I was happy to see him go and if I could have, I would have kicked him up the ass for good measure as he walked out the door.

Normally I would agree with you but this guy was really, really bad. Really toxic to the team. Undermined every thing good that we were doing. I was happy to see him go and if I could have, I would have kicked him up the ass for good measure as he walked out the door.
And then he became fitness manager at the Crows.

I agree. No self awareness, no apology, no responsibility for our mess. In fact he almost sounds like he thinks he is being victimized. Traits of a narcissist?

For what he and Roo have done to this club (and in a premiership window) I hate the bastards.
Your second paragraph is exactly why you shouldn’t hire club legends for major roles. Hird, Voss now Roo. All club legends that had/have to be sacked as fans turn against them. Buckley could be the next one.

Your second paragraph is exactly why you shouldn’t hire club legends for major roles. Hird, Voss now Roo. All club legends that had/have to be sacked as fans turn against them. Buckley could be the next one.
Its like trying to separate Ben Hart the 17 yr old that became a club legend and Ben Hart the failed coach

This bloke is a classic case of irrational confidence. He believes in everything he does 100%. He is fully convinced he is right and has never made a mistake. It's why he is so absolutely astonished that anyone should ever criticise him. It's why anytime he speaks to the media it is a full blown disaster.

I don't really know what happened on the camp, but if even half of what has been reported is true, then he should have been sacked immediately. Regardless, his 'reading' of the situation post GF was absolutely awful. He got it completely wrong - thinking the boys needed some mental 'toughening up'. When in reality if you had stopped and thought about everything the group had been through, one would think that they needed some care and love rather than blame and humiliation.

The guy is the worst kind of manager - deluded at their own abilities and completely oblivious to the impact he's actually having.

Unfortunately, he's also the kind of bloke the club keep for extended periods of time rather than moving on. Until he is gone, we will always have a disgruntled player group and disharmony in the club.

This bloke is a classic case of irrational confidence. He believes in everything he does 100%. He is fully convinced he is right and has never made a mistake. It's why he is so absolutely astonished that anyone should ever criticise him. It's why anytime he speaks to the media it is a full blown disaster.

I don't really know what happened on the camp, but if even half of what has been reported is true, then he should have been sacked immediately. Regardless, his 'reading' of the situation post GF was absolutely awful. He got it completely wrong - thinking the boys needed some mental 'toughening up'. When in reality if you had stopped and thought about everything the group had been through, one would think that they needed some care and love rather than blame and humiliation.

The guy is the worst kind of manager - deluded at their own abilities and completely oblivious to the impact he's actually having.

Unfortunately, he's also the kind of bloke the club keep for extended periods of time rather than moving on. Until he is gone, we will always have a disgruntled player group and disharmony in the club.
With the info MRB37 shared about Jenkins leaking to Caro to further his career, it indicates all the stories must be true.

Jenkins ain’t going to leak bullshit to a senior journo he’s trying to suck up to help his media career, he would shoot himself in the foot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back