Traded Brett Deledio [traded to GWS for Geelong's 2017 1st rd pick and GWS's 2017 3rd round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

No, you traded it for Andrejs Everitt and pick 39, which you used to draft Cameron Giles [No career data found - footywire]. You traded your own pick 33 for Docherty.

Hampson v Everitt and Giles. Nil-all draw.
Or they could have just drafted Hewett instead of Everitt - Maybe thats what they thought they were doing both names end with TT
2 32 George Hewett Sydney North Adelaide SANFL Traded by Carlton; received from Richmond

If we pay the entire amount of Hampsons Salary can somebody please take him.

Lids is a great player and real shame he has suffered another setback,But if anybody can come back from this its Deledio - He is a machine with his fitness and preparation .

Deledio can just play 1 game and that 1 game he could be the difference in GWS either winning the flag or losing it.

Too early to write him off
When Hampson left Carlton you could have found a number of people who had that opinion. He was given plenty of chances but just couldn't put it together. However, he has rucked pretty well in his time at Richmond, and was the main reason why Richmond beat Carlton in 2016. He wasn't (and never will be) perfect: his kicking and marking just did not fill fans with confidence. However, he was EASILY Richmond's best ruck option when he went down injured.
With Nankervis having come on, Hampson looks questionable again. But he just isn't that much of a dud.

As for Deledio, it appears that GWS have been burnt badly. His body has been questionable for a couple of years. He wanted out and he was going, public utterances to the contrary that there may have been. That GWS paid so much for him was an error on their part.
Maybe he will be able to come back and play good football again. Talent was not one of his issues. But with his injury history, he is a very low probability of playing long enough to make his acquisition the deal they were looking for.

However, you are correct in saying that if he can make the difference between defeat and victory, he will be worth his money. Tom Boyd showed that last year. And GWS will be in the mix at the pointy end of the season. Many others will not.

Richmond did very well out of this regardless of Deledio not playing. Pick 15-18 for a 30 year old midfielder is amazing value, especially considering we got Lewis (from the same draft as Deledio) for a late third rounder

Richmond did very well out of this regardless of Deledio not playing. Pick 15-18 for a 30 year old midfielder is amazing value, especially considering we got Lewis (from the same draft as Deledio) for a late third rounder
Richmond also recieved GWS 3rd rounder as steak knives in that deal Roughly #50-#55

I guess the Giants saw him as the icing on the cake & worth the gamble etc. Can still pay a role if & it's a big if , he can get on the park towards the end of season

I guess the Giants saw him as the icing on the cake & worth the gamble etc. Can still pay a role if & it's a big if , he can get on the park towards the end of season
Still reckon they overpaid though. Richmond did well to extract as much as they got from GWS, but I guess it's not a huge loss for the Giants. I doubt Richmond would have gotten a first rounder out of any other club.

Still reckon they overpaid though. Richmond did well to extract as much as they got from GWS, but I guess it's not a huge loss for the Giants. I doubt Richmond would have gotten a first rounder out of any other club.
Biggest part of getting the first rounder was picking up a portion of his wage. Allows us to heavily front load him for 2017 whilst we had many medium sized contracts traded out such as Stewart, Palmer, ahern, Pickett, Steele and Patfull moved to the rookie list for the remainder of his contract. Whilst having hopper, Kennedy, himmelberg, Flynn, setterfield, Taranto, Perryman, cumming, Tiziani and de Boer on minimum wage

Lol they normally only have 1st rounders to deal with so they throw them away just for the fun of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought of him on the drive home last night. Wonder what he would be thinking. Would have loved to see him be out there and part of the scenes. Great servant for so long. When he left, I thought he was chasing a flag and didn't begrudge him that. Now we are potentially a bit closer than GWS are. Funny how some things pan out.

Unfortunate lids isn't playing for Richmond, he gave them unbelievable service through nothing years and deserves to be out there fully fit.
Deledio left for success and there's a high probability he will get it at GWS. He was my favourite player for a long time when he was at the club and he is immensely talented.

But strangely enough I feel like we are a better team without him.

Still wouldn't be surprised if he turned it on against us if they get through to the prelim.

Deledio left for success and there's a high probability he will get it at GWS. He was my favourite player for a long time when he was at the club and he is immensely talented.

But strangely enough I feel like we are a better team without him.

Still wouldn't be surprised if he turned it on against us if they get through to the prelim.
yeah my favourite player for years as well. I actually felt a bit sorry for him on Thurs night.

Looked fumbly and a yard off the pace. But I'd be wary of writing him off.

Lewis went to you guys uninjured and still playing great footy which is the tragedy of it all. We put ourselves in a position where we couldn't ask for more, though - he was already out the door.

Brought in to be the cream on top and ends up being the teams worst player in their biggest game.

Not that the Giants have been short of picks, hopefully he gets back to form.

Given his age and his injury issues last year it always looked like a bad trade for GWS...pretty silly of them considering he'll be retiring this year or next along with Stevie J...add those 2 to the likes of Patton and they had no forward pressure.

He barely did anything in both GWS' finals and kept giving away free kicks.

Pretty sure ex-Richmond player Wayne Campbell is the head of list management at GWS now...did his old team a solid ;)

This was a brilliant deal for richmond. I am certainly more happy with tuohy for a 5 pick downgrade and smedts than deledio for picks 15 and 52.
Agree 100%.
There was talk when Deledio nominated Geelong, the cats were demanding our 2nd rounder as well for Caddy.

We end up with 15 and 52 from this years draft for Deledio and essentially get Caddy and Graham for our second rounder.

And cats get Tuohy for virtually nothing.

Given his age and his injury issues last year it always looked like a bad trade for GWS...pretty silly of them considering he'll be retiring this year or next along with Stevie J...add those 2 to the likes of Patton and they had no forward pressure.

He barely did anything in both GWS' finals and kept giving away free kicks.

Pretty sure ex-Richmond player Wayne Campbell is the head of list management at GWS now...did his old team a solid ;)

He is contracted until the end of 2019.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back