News Brett Deledio would be disappointed if Tiger army didn't boo him

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree- I want to move on
but what do you you reckon I should do with the framed picture.
A) try and sell it now
B) wait until he wins a flag with GWS in 2017; or
C) wait 10 years until sentiment kicks in and sell it then?
D) Burn it. It has depreciated to nothing mate

It may have been mentioned but I think Brett needs the Tiger fans to motivate him to play well against us because he may find it hard (at least for the first couple of times against the club that drafted him)......All the best Brett, just not against RFC .....;)

Brett's picture needs to be taken off the Tiger land superstore..... Was sad seeing him still there yesterday
Lol. Haven't they found a painter yet? I went passed PRO the other day and me advertising was still plastered all over the joint.
Maybe they still have a lot of leftover Lids memorabilia to flog off ??

Lol. Haven't they found a painter yet? I went passed PRO the other day and me advertising was still plastered all over the joint.
Maybe they still have a lot of leftover Lids memorabilia to flog off ??
Lol. They still have ME Bank hanging around, they're not even trying to hide it.

Out of contract next year - would you want him back? He would walk into our best 22 (if fit) - The return of the prodigal son, If we have guys like Weller, Aarts, Chol on the rookie list I think i could find a spot for Lids.

Out of contract next year - would you want him back? He would walk into our best 22 (if fit) - The return of the prodigal son, If we have guys like Weller, Aarts, Chol on the rookie list I think i could find a spot for Lids.

Lol surely this is a joke?

33 by round 1 2020 and has struggled to play for the last four years.

1. He will be 33....
  2. He hasnt laid a tackle since 1999
  3. Weller, Aarts, Chol are on the rookie list taking miminum wage
  4. Is apparently a flog
  5. He just wouldnt get a game in our best 22.

1. He will be 33....
  2. He hasnt laid a tackle since 1999
  3. Weller, Aarts, Chol are on the rookie list taking miminum wage
  4. Is apparently a flog
  5. He just wouldnt get a game in our best 22.

1. true

2. haha

3. lids is much better than weller and co. i would assume he would join us on the rookie list on min wage for Romanticism reasons

4. this is my main concern

5. he would though; better than bottom6

No, if he wants to come back to Richmond then he can buy a membership, sit in the stands and cheer on his ex team mates to another premiership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taking him would be like when Collingwood took Wells. You know he's got a lot off talent, but you can't ignore his injury history over the last few years (and in Lids case you can't be sure if tmage and injuries have taken their toll and if he can at least reach a reasonable standard again).

There is also rumours that he didn't get along with players in our group.

We are tight in the salary cap as it is and I think he's a risk which will bite us.

Taking him would be like when Collingwood took Wells. You know he's got a lot off talent, but you can't ignore his injury history over the last few years (and in Lids case you can't be sure if tmage and injuries have taken their toll and if he can at least reach a reasonable standard again).

We are tight in the salary cap as it is and think he's a risk which will bite us.

surely lids has enough money he would join on minimum wage

I actually think Wells is a good player for the Pies. Look at their midfield (grand final side + beams) ; its very good and deep. A fit Wells is the cherry one top who might get off the leash

Last edited:
surely lids has enough money he would join on minimum wage

I actually think Wells is a good player for the Pies. Look at their midfield (grand final side + beans) ; its very good and deep. A fit Wells is the cherry one top who might get off the leash
My point is Wells very rarely makes it on the ground due to being injured all the time. There is also the unknown of the toll the injuries have taken on Lids and if he can get to a reasonable standard.

He may have a lot of money he made during his career, but for him to put up his hand to play on rookie wages is being a bit fanciful. It's effectively asking him to play an extra season or two on minimum wage.

I know what my attitude will be when I have enough money to retire and my old work place wants me to work for them at minimum wage for a year or two. Absolutely no way.

I could find a spot for him sweeping the sheds after training

Remove this Banner Ad

Back