Brett Deledio yet to watch the Grand Final - went to the zoo instead

Your thoughts on Brett Deledio

• Feel really sorry for him because his club of 13 years won the GF the year after he left.

Votes: 89 40.5%
  • He deserves this, it was his choice to leave, he didn't have faith in the tigers and should have!

Votes: 87 39.5%
  • He's a sook, he's still on the list of the Giants and they're a huge chance next year.

Votes: 44 20.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

As for Deledio gun player. He must wonder what life would've been like had he slipped through to Hawthorn at 2 or even the Bulldogs at 3 who played in 3 prelim finals before winning the big one a few years later.

It's not a joke, it's a thread ambush, and it should be a warning by a moderator. I want discussion about the topic, not discussing about whether the topic should have been posted or not.

Also, a joke is meant to be funny.

Well you lost too roman reigns how is anyone meant too take you seriously?

So it was really tough to see some of your best mates celebrate a triumph of which you full well understand how much it must mean to them, having worked their arses off for years to finally have this reward? What kind of a s**t mate are you? A bit of the me me's about Lids. Leaving for personal glory and then resenting others who stayed when it blew up in his face.
A lot of Richmond feel this way.

It goes to show from this poll how divided everybody is on this topic. I find that very fasnicating the we're all reading the same thing and we feel so differently about it
I'd vote but didnt really identify with any of the possible responses. One positive that didnt quite fit, and then two negative.

Something like, "Football is a business and footballers are professionals who switch clubs for a variety of reasons. Perhaps unlucky as he gave much to the club, but no-one can predict timing"

or perhaps "If he hadn't left Richmond wouldn't have won, so the point is moot"

I like players most who stay with their team and win a premiership or not.

Leaving for money at least is somehow reasonable and understandable. Leaving for a premiership is more like a gamble. Works for some like Lake and not so much for Deledio or Buckley. Probably quite a few more where neither team won one after they changed clubs.

I like players most who stay with their team and win a premiership or not.

Leaving for money at least is somehow reasonable and understandable. Leaving for a premiership is more like a gamble. Works for some like Lake and not so much for Deledio or Buckley. Probably quite a few more where neither team won one after they changed clubs.

Not sure he left for a flag as such.

More left because after all that time he'd had enough and wanted out, and having decided that figured he might as well go to a team that could win a flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes it is. It is embarrasing to watch a player run around who is totally finished. Another weak link in a team that has too many weak links.
What's embarassing is your childish, nonsensical attempts to troll.

Now that we've had our month or two of celebrating and being obnoxious tools, I think it's time to stop rubbing it into the face of Lids and continue remembering him as the champion he was for our club.

We still would've won the flag with him and it would've been amazing to see him celebrating after sticking with us through all the low points.

He couldn't watch the Grand Final because he'd probably have a breakdown because he loves the club and is filled with total regret. It's perfectly understandable. It's like watching your ex-gf becoming super successful and hotter in a short space of time.

No more need to gloat - he'd be welcome back for Pick 80 in the 2018 draft :D

It's similar to being in a syndicate for 13 years, join another and your old syndicate win 80mil jackpot. Ouch

Anyone in this position would be gutted to some degree.

He had 1-3 years left in him and he jumped a sinking ship. But the ship had a small mutiny, changed over leaders and recruited some new crew... it sailed and discovered riches...

I'd cut him some slack

Has he retired or going round again for gws?
Going around with a bullet. The fact he didn't star after making it back after a two year break at the pointy end last year is not surprising to me.
With off season and a build into the season through the JLT, I'm looking forward to watching him next year, but he'sgotta stay fit.

Going around with a bullet. The fact he didn't star after making it back after a two year break at the pointy end last year is not surprising to me.
With off season and a build into the season through the JLT, I'm looking forward to watching him next year, but he'sgotta stay fit.
So he may yet experience glory

Back