Traded Brett Deledio [traded to GWS for Geelong's 2017 1st rd pick and GWS's 2017 3rd round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

First round pick for an injured 30 year old?

lol @ tigers supporters.

He'll stay with richmond, so nothing for you lot to be upset about.
Yeah I hope so, but I'm hearing he's gone.
Whatever we get for him, I hope we use it as part of the deal to get Prestia. Not liking these Motlop rumours one bit.

Yep, but replacing Prestia and JOM with a plodder in Horlin Smith is hardly going to take them places.

GHS isn't a gun by any means but his professionalism and leadership are hugely rated at Geelong. He also captained Australia's under-16s cricket team. This is why he's still got 2 years to run on his contract despite being a fringe player. Considering Gold Coast's lack of midfielders he should at least give them a bit of hardness around the ball and he could still make it as a solid player at AFL level. At worst they're picking up a guy who will help provide the sort of environment they need so the young mids they get in can develop into good players. Of course they shouldn't be giving up much for him but if I were Gold Coast I'd definitely be trying to bring him across.

Trading Deledio for picks or a player like Motlop (or a combination of picks and players) might help in the long run in terms of rebuilding the side however it will hurt significantly in 2017 (yes he does have injury concerns lately) however a fit Deledio makes a huge difference to Richmond (See Round 8 when they beat Sydney, Deledio had 34 disposals). Its okay to keep one or two star older players even if you aren't in a premiership window. Winning games and having competition for spots helps develop younger players and Richmond will win more games in 2017 with Deledio then without him.
Hope he stays at Richmond.

GHS isn't a gun by any means but his professionalism and leadership are hugely rated at Geelong. He also captained Australia's under-16s cricket team. This is why he's still got 2 years to run on his contract despite being a fringe player. Of course they shouldn't be giving up much for him but if I were Gold Coast I'd definitely be trying to bring him across.
Sounds good. Personally I reckon he's found his level at VFL.

Too slow for AFL.

Captain of the Australian under 16s cricket side suggests he may have punted on the wrong sport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hawk supporter
jom is worth a third round pick
hill is a top ten pick

motlop if traded will not be for a second round pick -
truth will hurt
Who said JOM is worth a third? If you weren't a silly geelong supporter you would realise hawks will probably give up a first and likely a player like sicily.
Hill is a top 10? If you weren't a silly geelong supporter you would realise the mayne compo would probably get it done early second.

Motlop isn't too great. On big money as well. think an early to mid second pretty fair just like christensen.

P.S you forgot about T-Mitch :)

Who said JOM is worth a third? If you weren't a silly geelong supporter you would realise hawks will probably give up a first and likely a player like sicily.
Hill is a top 10? If you weren't a silly geelong supporter you would realise the mayne compo would probably get it done early second.

Motlop isn't too great. On big money as well. think an early to mid second pretty fair just like christensen.

righto champ, motlop is worth less than anderson and wellingham
christensen was out of contract

anyway - you know it all
tmitch must just leave you at the alter
vickery will be a steal

Think you should just worry about your own clubs rebuild and get on with it.

righto champ, motlop is worth less than anderson and wellingham
christensen was out of contract

anyway - you know it all
tmitch must just leave you at the alter
vickery will be a steal
Mate its all about what the team are willing to give up, they paid way overs but thats what they thought he was worth. don't worry about what other players have gone for. a draft may be weak in a clubs eye so they won't mind giving up their first for a player with afl exposure.
Motlop is one of the laziest's players in the afl, never seen a player look so dis-interested on the defensive end. Also gotta take into respect that he is on massive $$$$ and that will also make him more of a risk and therefore trade value a bit less.
He may not come to us, but why not hope? :)
Vickery will be a good pick up for us, he is a need and will do good at a club with good on-feild leadership

Think you should just worry about your own clubs rebuild and get on with it.
its an open discussion. i was talking about delidio and your friend wanted to bring up our rebuild :)

Mate its all about what the team are willing to give up, they paid way overs but thats what they thought he was worth. don't worry about what other players have gone for. a draft may be weak in a clubs eye so they won't mind giving up their first for a player with afl exposure.
Motlop is one of the laziest's players in the afl, never seen a player look so dis-interested on the defensive end. Also gotta take into respect that he is on massive $$$$ and that will also make him more of a risk and therefore trade value a bit less.
Vickery will be a good pick up for us, he is a need and will do good at a club with good on-feild leadership

its an open discussion. i was talking about delidio and your friend wanted to bring up our rebuild :)
What`s Hawthron got to with any potential trade of Deledio?

He is not on massive coin
Seriously you just make s**t up

Spud Frawley has a bigger deal mate.

Massive coin lolz.

GO Catters

Spud Frawley has a bigger deal mate.

Massive coin lolz.

GO Catters

Cat's fans were telling us that if Motlop left next year you'd get round 1 compo he's on that much money.:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back