Traded Brett Deledio [traded to GWS for Geelong's 2017 1st rd pick and GWS's 2017 3rd round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon you just made that up - he wasn't even a free agent last year.
Hes a FA next year and will get the payday he wants then. Took under market value to stay at GFC on current deal.

However, he needs 17 to be back to his best to get that $$.

GO Catters

Did I say anything about last year? learn to read mate.

He is on 500-550 now and if he moves it will be for more money so it will be enough to net an end of first round compo pick.

yep that is the lower limit. He can net us an end of first rounder next year and we get an extra season out of him. If there is a trade its going to net better than an end of first rounder.

Mmm he was in AA discussion early in the season and tapered off. I would suggest he still has a lot of currency. Irrelevant anyway, I don't think he wants to go based on his comments yesterday to the media and unless we got an extremely good offer there is no point in us letting him go, given he is contracted and he would net us a first rnd compo anyway on his pay band if we lose him next year, so it's irrelevant really.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/the...n/news-story/83d7a1fffa4a680c2d46cb8c819355a9

He said next year. Motlop was just a normal out of contract player last year when he re-signed for 500-550k. Next year at 9 years of service he is a restricted free agent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will get nought if we bring in a free agent next year, which is why I think they are happy to let him go now.

That is a factor but it will depend on how good the offer is. For example if other clubs are just offering pick 17/18/19 then we will risk free agency, if its a higher first round pick and some decent steakknives then they may deal.

Richmond and North did indeed offer him more than Geelong but those numbers you just plain made up.
so one hawk banana says we are paying him 800k and you are saying richmond offered him more than geelong is paying him but richmond offered him under 700k

either way he is NOT on massive coin relative to other players

he is on massive coin relative to an old age pensioner

so one hawk banana says we are paying him 800k and you are saying richmond offered him more than geelong is paying him but richmond offered him under 700k

either way he is NOT on massive coin relative to other players

he is on massive coin relative to an old age pensioner
Not sure why you quoted me in your post. I was calling out a cats supporter who made up exorbitant contract offers for Motlop.

In attempting to interpret your late night post you tend to agree with me.

Not sure why you quoted me in your post. I was calling out a cats supporter who made up exorbitant contract offers for Motlop.

In attempting to interpret your late night post you tend to agree with me.
I was pointing out opposition supporters make extreme comments both ways
The Richmond offer was above 650k and well above what he accepted to stay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back