superstar

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Hawks seem certain to offer this bloke up as trade bait. He's been on the list a few years, but has fallen out of favour, and is behind Mitchell and Ries in the pecking order. Over the last couple years, he has averaged over 25 touches at Box Hill and is a good inside midfielder. Any interest? I thought maybe a side like Melbourne could use him. I reckon he has a future at a different club.

Originally posted by dees 4 life
I doubt to many clubs would be intrested simply because the boy cant play.

To say that you have obviously hardly seen him play Johnson has heaps of talent just dont think he is all that happy at Hawthorn guy could be a very good player. Someone will pick him up and good luck to him

What would Hawthorn want for him? Freo could do with another inside midfielder and Johnson was originally recruited from Swan Districts. I've seen him play a few times for Box Hill, and to say he 'simply can't play' isn't true.

I'm sure we would be prepared to give a fringe player/late pick for him, if nothing else comes up.

Originally posted by |D_J^B_J|
What would Hawthorn want for him? Freo could do with another inside midfielder and Johnson was originally recruited from Swan Districts. I've seen him play a few times for Box Hill, and to say he 'simply can't play' isn't true.

I'm sure we would be prepared to give a fringe player/late pick for him, if nothing else comes up.

I imagine a return to WA would be his priority. I doubt you would have to give up too much, really. The guy can play, and I reckon at a different club, he could be a good, solid contributer. He's just not going to get a game with Mitchell and Ries on the list. At the very least, Carlton would be a certainty to take him if he's delisted.

What fringe players would Fremantle be looking to offload? Any outside midfielders or key defenders who seem to be out of favour? (and don't say Trent Croad ;) )

Originally posted by superstar
I imagine a return to WA would be his priority. I doubt you would have to give up too much, really. The guy can play, and I reckon at a different club, he could be a good, solid contributer. He's just not going to get a game with Mitchell and Ries on the list. At the very least, Carlton would be a certainty to take him if he's delisted.

What fringe players would Fremantle be looking to offload? Any outside midfielders or key defenders who seem to be out of favour? (and don't say Trent Croad ;) )

Walker, Koops and Siegert are all tradeables. Walker and Koops would probably be worth more than Johnson, and Siegert would possibly be of similar value.

Apparently, Troy Longmuir is unhappy with the lack of game time given to him and is searching for another club. After his form in the WAFL and his form for us towards the end of the season, I'd be reluctant to trade him though.

After Box Hill beat the other mob in the VFL GF and Johnson gets BOG, his value will skyrocket and the Hawks wont end up trading him....Harford, S Cox and McCabe will be going before Johnson does.
Cute girls have the best diseases

You'd have to wonder how long a player can live off one good game against Essendon.

Don't you mean a great game against Essendon! Cut them to pieces in round 9 2001!

Brett Johnson would be a very good player if Schwab played him for 4 or 5 weeks in a row!

He plays 2 games (limited ground time), gets dropped, comes back. Show some confidence and play him every week.

ALWAYS gives the ball to an open teammate. ALWAYS.

Hawks should lose Clarke, S Cox, Harford, Stone, Hunter before Johnson. He is a class act. Could be anything.

Always been a bit of a fan of BJ's. NEVER injured, never misses a game (has played every game either Box Hill or Hawthorn since his arrival) uses the ball well (though not a great pentrating kick) isnt afraid to put the body in.

BUT is one paced and one (left) sided. Hands are just okay in close and marking isnt a strength. With Mitchell and Ries we have two blokes who are probably slightly stronger in all areas than he is for a pure centreman. Then back up in Picioane who's got the best pure footy brain (probably along with Harford) at the club.

So BJ is where? Elsewhere if he wants a regular senior game Id guess. Maybe a few clubs could do with him that need a genuine grinding mid-fielder in the Scott West mold that needs to be on the ball all day to do his best work. Not a 'burst' player, he needs to be in the action all day.

Like to get a 2nd rounder for him, should get at least a 3rd. 4th or later and the club that picked him up would be getting a bargin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back