Brett Kirk's cringeworthy intro.

Grongey

Cancelled
Jan 8, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
This whole thread is a monster beat up.

We're Sydney. We're ahead of the curve, we do things better and smarter. And the best club culture in the league.

Doubters, listen to Kirky, you might learn something.

Sorry, but it pushes my buttons when you criticize one of ours.

We're Sydney. We're ahead of the curve, we do things better and smarter. And the best club culture in the league.

Stay cool bro. Peace out..

nicky

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 13, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal palace, socceroos

Agree :thumbsu:

lock33

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2011
AFL Club
Sydney
Come on nicky. Who doesn't love Kirky?
Let's ask him what he thinks of his introduction and I doubt he won't agree with us.

You know when you think you have an idea and it sounds good until you see the results of it.
O.K. Kirk went to the extreme but you know what I mean. :)

Brett Kirk could find a positive out of it.

nicky

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 13, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Come on nicky. Who doesn't love Kirky?
Let's ask him what he thinks of his introduction and I doubt he won't agree with us.

You know when you think you have an idea and it sounds good until you see the results of it.
O.K. Kirk went to the extreme but you know what I mean. :)

It looked like he was well and truly outside of his comfort zone. I blame channel 7.

Brett Kirk could find a positive out of it.

He's a positive guy.

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
AFL trying to target the druggie market via 7. It won't make you any money guys, they spend all their cash buying the weed.

Lingy's next. They were going to make him do a nudie run but the glow in the dark body would destroy any Plasma tv that screened it!!

I have a theory that the reason 7 telecasts its games in SD is because the sight of Cameron Ling's face that near in HD would leave them liable to lawsuits for the blindness induced.

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
It's pretty weird and smacks of your usual gimmicky Ch 7 contrivance, but those using it as an excuse to have a go at Kirk and call his courage/leadership etc into question is a little pathetic, his actions on field were certainly bloody inspirational.

This.

It is a very.....unusual video, though. I have no doubt he gets stitched up, obviously he's not writing that stuff but they know it'll end up weirder if he reads it lol.

Kirk was a great speaker to the players in the heat of battle, but he's not made for scripted TV.

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
No callers, just some idiot who teaches Sports Journalism at Latrobe Uni.
We now know who to blame for Channel 7's appalling coverage.

Yes, unfortunately I heard that. KB was reading messages from people who didn't like the intro, and the arrogant twat from the media discounted anyone's opinion that didn't agree with his.

This is why some people regard the media as ignorant, they think they know everything and couldn't give a stuff what their audience wants.

nicky

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 13, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
I've told all the girls in my yoga class about Kirk's energy healing intro and as a result they are now into afl.

Channel 7 are geniuses. ;)

baja

Premiership Player
Dec 23, 2010
Bass Strait
AFL Club
Sydney
Yes, unfortunately I heard that. KB was reading messages from people who didn't like the intro, and the arrogant twat from the media discounted anyone's opinion that didn't agree with his.

This is why some people regard the media as ignorant, they think they know everything and couldn't give a stuff what their audience wants.

Yep I was listening too, anyone who tried to say they liked it didnt get a say and were shut down quickly by KB it was disgraceful. I usually dont mind KB.

They said he actually wrote it, it was funny and its important to know unless he is playing he is always joking, can be very misunderstood at times, thats understandable.
He adds a new angle with his special comments and he DOES NOT deliver them like that.. He would be pissing himself laughing too.. He is a strange one but there are so many commentators these days with personalities of a potato, his insight and his 'uniqueness' is refreshing he does know football. You dont get voted by your peers as the best captain in the comp if you dont know football..

Good onya Hippy...:thumbsu:

Elite

Senior List
Aug 2, 2009
vicpark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Storm.Victory.Tigers.Bulls
LOL, that was shocking. I really hate players who go on tv who have no flow to their comments and look/sound uncomfortable...

Like Hodge and bartel, why the hell do they get them on tv to comment and answer questions with insight...it just doesn't work, they hesitate like they're nervous or something and spit out cliches.

Some that regularly appear on game days and have good, confident flow are players like Mitchel, Maxwell, sewel is ok, but he breaks up a little too.

I definitely like Luke ball, a natural in front of the camera, and doesn't talk like a nervous wreck, and chucks in some humour here and there to boot. Need more players like him talking on TV.

Back