News Brett Montgomery joins GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Internal support. He’s regarded because he brings stability on field which obviously is valuable off field.
C4, mate, I actually love you. You love us and you try to help us with bitz and pieces of info here and there.

Please don’t change.

But this is not the time for waffle.

You may have noticed that in between the last time you were told something about Hinkley bringing ‘stability on field which is valuable off-field’ we have had a thrashing on field second only to the 2007 GF.

Hinkley for the duration of this thrashing was … I emphasise was … senior coach.

He is thus the man responsible for, and being paid for, the on-field disaster … he is also responsible for the consequential off-field fall-out that is already happening, as well it should.

C4, I know you can do better than this. I’m looking forward to it.

It's a good thing noone here has ever had to learn the hard way what happens when you do or say things the club does not want you to do or say. ;)
Oh yes I have.

So what.

I am still here. KT isn’t.

Koch is on borrowed time.

I’m not.

Stability, keeping the punters happy, the journey… premierships are an added extra.

Kochie is the one who needs to go.

The AFL couldn’t care less if we win a flag, just as long as we can pay a few bills along the way.
Might be worth mentioning that I, and probably thousands of others, would have happily bought premiership merch till the cows came home, which would have significantly aided said bill paying...

C4, mate, I actually love you. You love us and you try to help us with bitz and pieces of info here and there.

Please don’t change.

But this is not the time for waffle.

You may have noticed that in between the last time you were told something about Hinkley bringing ‘stability on field which is valuable off-field’ we have had a thrashing on field second only to the 2007 GF.

Hinkley for the duration of this thrashing was … I emphasise was … senior coach.

He is thus the man responsible for, and being paid for, the on-field disaster … he is also responsible for the consequential off-field fall-out that is already happening, as well it should.

C4, I know you can do better than this. I’m looking forward to it.

I appreciate the sentiment mate, in all sincerity and the truth is - I love this board.

Although, it’s clear that we must have different contacts at the club who may have different agendas/alignments.

I have only ever provided on here what is given to me and I personally have no agenda or bias one way or the other to decisions made.

I’m also conscious of the fact that this is an extremely emotive time following yesterday and is probably not what people want to hear right now.

If you have more current/accurate info that suggests otherwise (i.e Ken is gone) more power to you - I respect that.

Hopefully Monty is shifted to senior coach. Hinkley, Voss and Basset gone. Schofield to senior assistant which too is a promotion. Can't see it happening though
If we don't have the nuts to sack Ken then at the very least next year should be a transition to Monty.

Let Monty coach and Ken manage.

#sackken

Channel 9 reporting Schofield has accepted 3 year deal with WCE

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Oh yes I have.

Yeah, LR, I know. That was the joke.

Not everyone is in a position, or of a mind, to feed the frenzied masses here intricate detail of the dysfunction and defective decision-making that must go on behind closed doors at Alberton (and probably every other club, too).

Plus, even if C4 did tell us everything they know, what would change? Past screw-ups by the club have shown our supporters to be so much piss and vinegar - what's a few more years of Can't-Coach-Ken for an administration growing fat on the kumbaya coin of our contingent of happy-clapper fans? Even if this time is different - the actual final straw for our members - it probably takes a board spill to get what we want, and that's a pipedream.

Stability on field...is that code for being insipid, mediocre, unaccountable and spineless? Ken and Koch can ggf.
Not necessarily.

Stability can also be a sign that you are a well run, winning organisation that people want to stay at (like the old Magpies)

Thats not us anymore unfortunately and Kochhead can't tell the difference.

#sackken

What is "stability" in the context of a football team anyway? Every year 10-20% of players change (some of this is even required by the AFL) and football/admin staff also seem to enjoy reasonable turnover. This presumably is healthy, to bring in new ideas and adapt to changing trends.

Meanwhile, the fax machine at Alberton must be in need of a new paper roll...

Schofield had a year left on a contract either he is leaving cos he can't stand working with ken anymore or with voss vacating the senior assistant role which I'm assuming is happening someone else is getting that role and maybe that's the next role shoey wanted? Has anyone got any info here? Lr or c4 maybe?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, LR, I know. That was the joke.

Not everyone is in a position, or of a mind, to feed the frenzied masses here intricate detail of the dysfunction and defective decision-making that must go on behind closed doors at Alberton (and probably every other club, too).

Plus, even if C4 did tell us everything they know, what would change? Past screw-ups by the club have shown our supporters to be so much piss and vinegar - what's a few more years of Can't-Coach-Ken for an administration growing fat on the kumbaya coin of our contingent of happy-clapper fans? Even if this time is different - the actual final straw for our members - it probably takes a board spill to get what we want, and that's a pipedream.

Everybody is quiet. Tredrea about the only one that makes subtle hints towards Ken. This club is getting desensitised to forging embarrassing records.

I appreciate the sentiment mate, in all sincerity and the truth is - I love this board.

Although, it’s clear that we must have different contacts at the club who may have different agendas/alignments.

I have only ever provided on here what is given to me and I personally have no agenda or bias one way or the other to decisions made.

I’m also conscious of the fact that this is an extremely emotive time following yesterday and is probably not what people want to hear right now.

If you have more current/accurate info that suggests otherwise (i.e Ken is gone) more power to you - I respect that.
Thank you, mate.

We will work together, that’s a promise.

Hinkley and Koch - being clearly off-side - cannot survive a co-ordinated offensive … from all of us who have the balls, and the contacts, to mount it.

Schofield had a year left on a contract either he is leaving cos he can't stand working with ken anymore or with voss vacating the senior assistant role which I'm assuming is happening someone else is getting that role and maybe that's the next role shoey wanted? Has anyone got any info here? Lr or c4 maybe?

My guess is he has seen the writing on the wall and believes he’s more of a chance of coaching WCE than Port.

Spot on. Koch thinks stability is crucial. Ken ain’t going anywhere.
As I posted earlier today in another thread, Koch values stability over success. Hinkley's not going anywhere until he's milked enough cash out of Ports to be able to retire to Camperdown and indulge in his true passion breeding greyhounds.

Stability, keeping the punters happy, the journey… premierships are an added extra.

Kochie is the one who needs to go.

The AFL couldn’t care less if we win a flag, just as long as we can pay a few bills along the way.

David Koch sickens me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back