News Brett Montgomery joins GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

My guess is he has seen the writing on the wall and believes he’s more of a chance of coaching WCE than Port.

This sentence sums us up perfectly. Schofield has a far better chance of getting a senior gig at West Coast after they sack a premiership coach than he does at Port Adelaide because we refuse to even put a blowtorch on a guy who has burned the careers of just about every player who has come under his tutelage. Wow. This club is cooked.

Bass has one flags at arguably a higher level than Ken. I know somebody who know him well, from what I’ve heard Ken has the last say so until he is actually gone I think it’s just deck chair shuffle.

Yeah, let's just stick with proven mediocrity. That's the Port Adelaide way now apparently.
Didn't say that Hinkley needs to go but I wouldn't be handing the Raines over to the bloke who coached our midfield last night.

Yeah, let's just stick with proven mediocrity. That's the Port Adelaide way now apparently.

Did you see how badly our midfield got smashed last night, or against any decent team this year? Why does our midfield coach get a free pass for that?

I love the guy, he was one of my favourite players and I was super excited to get him back here, but outside of Wines improvement, has our midfield looked any different under his watch to what it was before? I can't say it does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It could be a good thing for taj
Would be hard being a player with a dad a former champion as part of the club same reason sos left carlton in the end

Bass has one flags at arguably a higher level than Ken. I know somebody who know him well, from what I’ve heard Ken has the last say so until he is actually gone I think it’s just deck chair shuffle.

This is consistent with what I’ve heard as well. He’s a pigheaded windbag who listens to no one

Fixated on bizarre s**t all the time like “terrorising Lachie Neale” instead of the broader picture

No wonder Koch loves him

Did you see how badly our midfield got smashed last night, or against any decent team this year? Why does our midfield coach get a free pass for that?

I love the guy, he was one of my favourite players and I was super excited to get him back here, but outside of Wines improvement, has our midfield looked any different under his watch to what it was before? I can't say it does.
It could be argued that individually every single midfielder on our list has improved and that they’ve punched above their weight for 2 years.

You think we lost yesterday because of stoppage set ups? Please.

It could be argued that individually every single midfielder on our list has improved and that they’ve punched above their weight for 2 years.

well they were great in the first quarter. We were smashed

I dont think you could say that at all. Wines hasn't punched above his weight, he's just finally living up to the potential we knew he had. Amon i'll give you.

Our midfield was destroyed in the first 15 minutes. Destroyed. Not even competitive. I posted the figures in the review thread. Yes, our inept midfield performance and the way their midfield walked it out of the midfield time and time again in the first quarter was a key reason why we lost.

How many times has our midfield been destroyed by good teams this year? And last year? Same thing happened in the last quarter of the Prelim last year. Midfield thrashed.

So why does he get a free pass?

We need some coaches that have actually had experience at successful clubs for a change. Our coaching department is severely lacking when compared to others.

Other clubs have multiple coaches with premiership experience as coaches and years in successful environments. We have none and it shows

Montgomery - at the dogs for their breakthrough with from 7th

Schofield - no AFL coaching experience beforehand

Bassett - No experience in a successful AFL coaching environment

Chad Cornes - No experience in a successful AFL coaching environment

Voss - No experience in a successful AFL coaching environment

Hinkley - Assistant at the Cats for their 07/09 premierships.

Total of 3 premierships as coaches between all our coaching team.

Compared to Demons;
Goodwin - has years under Paul Roos,

Yze - was a coach at the Hawks during their 3 peat,

Mark Williams - Premiership coach and coaches at Richmond during their premierships

And the Bulldogs;
Beveredge - Coach at the hawks during their 3 peat and obviously a premiership coach

King - st Kilda coach during the GF appearances and at Geelong for a couple premierships

Varcoe - multiple premiership player at the Pies and cats

We need some coaches that have actually had experience at successful clubs for a change. Our coaching department is severely lacking when compared to others.

Other clubs have multiple coaches with premiership experience as coaches and years in successful environments. We have none and it shows

Montgomery - at the dogs for their breakthrough with from 7th

Schofield - no AFL coaching experience beforehand

Bassett - No experience in a successful AFL coaching environment

Chad Cornes - No experience in a successful AFL coaching environment

Voss - No experience in a successful AFL coaching environment

Hinkley - Assistant at the Cats for their 07/09 premierships.

Total of 3 premierships as coaches between all our coaching team.

Compared to Demons;
Goodwin - has years under Paul Roos,

Yze - was a coach at the Hawks during their 3 peat,

Mark Williams - Premiership coach and coaches at Richmond during their premierships

And the Bulldogs;
Beveredge - Coach at the hawks during their 3 peat and obviously a premiership coach

King - st Kilda coach during the GF appearances and at Geelong for a couple premierships

Varcoe - multiple premiership player at the Pies and cats
Richmond gave Choco the ass before they won the flags.

So why does he get a free pass?
Because it's happened, probably on average 3 times every year for the last 9 years. If it was new under Hinkley id give you that, but its not.

Schofields first move as Midfield coach was to get Boak back into the midfield because Stinkley was ruining him across half forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back