News Brett Ratten appointed interim St.Kilda head coach

Remove this Banner Ad

'His game sense is phenomenal': Dogs wary of Ratten-led Saints'

"[Ratten] is one of the smartest football people I've come across, he just knows all the little nuances of the game, how to get an advantage … his game sense is phenomenal," Duryea told reporters on Wednesday.

First bit of ex-player feedback about Ratts.
Thats enough for me
giphy.gif

Who have we had as interim coaches??

GT, Lyon, Watters all sacked/walked after the season.

GT would have been the last when the Blight circus ended, but who before that?? Watson made the end of the year, Who took over from Alves??

Any others of note??

From my time alive you had;

Graeme -> Doc -> Allan in a flash -> Ken -> Stan -> Timmy -> Tossbag -> GT -> RL -> Juggernaughts -> Chosen Against -> Interim Rat

When Ross Lyon was coach I was glad we didn't have Ratten as our coach.

While Richo was our coach however I wanted Ratten as coach.

Now that Ratten is our (interim) coach, we all have to wait and see how he goes...

Good luck Brett!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive always maintained that Ratts was the hardest done by senior coach in recent history to get the flick.

He literally had us playing modern footy well before its time. We had a forward line cringe worthily named the 'three amigos (Yarran, Garlett and Betts)' which is basically being replicated by Richmond with their smaller forwards.

He was thrown under a bus for Malthouse by a board that seriously overestimated the playing list, and failed to take into account the drafting blunders of the prior 6 years.

One of the coaches I admire the most in the caper is Parkin, and he has nothing but glowing praise for Ratts, as do the Hawks boys and pretty much everyone thats ever worked with him.

Unless he's drastically changed tack, I would expect an emphasis on attacking footy, including fast rebound from D50 and swarming small forwards.

I wish him well with you guys for the next 6 games (other than when you play us in 4 weeks).

Ive always maintained that Ratts was the hardest done by senior coach in recent history to get the flick.

He literally had us playing modern footy well before its time. We had a forward line cringe worthily named the 'three amigos (Yarran, Garlett and Betts)' which is basically being replicated by Richmond with their smaller forwards.

He was thrown under a bus for Malthouse by a board that seriously overestimated the playing list, and failed to take into account the drafting blunders of the prior 6 years.

One of the coaches I admire the most in the caper is Parkin, and he has nothing but glowing praise for Ratts, as do the Hawks boys and pretty much everyone thats ever worked with him.

Unless he's drastically changed tack, I would expect an emphasis on attacking footy, including fast rebound from D50 and swarming small forwards.

I wish him well with you guys for the next 6 games (other than when you play us in 4 weeks).
Everyone loved Richo at the time

Ironic

Agree, very highly thought of with us (hawks), stiffed by Carlton. Congrats to you Sainters, very good win today. How many games do you need to win to make it likely Ratten would get the gig next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back