Toast Brett Ratten - New Senior Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

He didn't look that great in the footage of him coaching AFLX

I've chatted to Mc Glynn, he seems like a good communicator and has a good manner. I think he'll be better than Hammill who seems to be a bit of a hard one to get a read on from watching him training the players. He looks like he's just ******* around with mates at the park or pissed off, he seems a nice guy though generally. I thin BM will be better with the younger players, he's more of their generation and should manage them more evenly though.

heres a conspiracy theory

Hawthorn is overtaking us. :p

I don't mind honestly. I rate Clarkson as a coach but the coach takes a lot of credit for all the success. So much of a clubs success is based around the staff who provide fit, quality even lists to a coach to do his work though. Getting guys in from an elite system will teach the footy department people we do have the industry leading standards that they use.

We have been so far off for so long I don't think we know how to turn it around. Rath looks like a good person to get in on so many levels. Even if he can turn our skills around he's worth every cent.

Players will also listen better to people who come from elite systems because they have credits in the bank.

interesting news on the radio. apparently Justin Longmuir is off to carlton as a director of coaching and may turn his back at any senior job.

the landscape around coaching might be changing where assistant coaches dont rush into things. we might see more of clubs appointing senior coaches from the list of assistants they already have.

Lot of rumours around Clarko to Fremantle ...

yeh in freo's wet dreams. no chance of happening.
Why not?

I hope there's some truth to it. It would certainly be interesting. Freo would be the one remaining test of just how great this living legend Clarko is. If he could turn that shitbucket into a consistently competitive club, then I think we'd have to elevate Alistair Clarkson to GOAT in terms of coaching. He's already not far off it, but turning the Dockers into a generational powerhouse would seal it.

Why not?

I hope there's some truth to it. It would certainly be interesting. Freo would be the one remaining test of just how great this living legend Clarko is. If he could turn that s**tbucket into a consistently competitive club, then I think we'd have to elevate Alistair Clarkson to GOAT in terms of coaching. He's already not far off it, but turning the Dockers into a generational powerhouse would seal it.
Clarko did say a couple of times this year that he would not walk out on a contract

Why not?

I hope there's some truth to it. It would certainly be interesting. Freo would be the one remaining test of just how great this living legend Clarko is. If he could turn that s**tbucket into a consistently competitive club, then I think we'd have to elevate Alistair Clarkson to GOAT in terms of coaching. He's already not far off it, but turning the Dockers into a generational powerhouse would seal it.
Because he's contracted for a start and the rumor is he bought a home in Scarborough. Scarbs is a tourist trap shithole.

Wasnt sure where to post this, but it looks as though there is going to be some talented coaches looking for a new home with the updated soft cap.

I hope we can make the most of it and find a gem amongst them.

Dean Soloman is one that comes to mind. Not sure what happened there as he has been talked up as being a potential senior coach.

Maybe Ratten is happy with what he has but at the same time he hasn't really had the opportunity to put his own team together, more just left with who was already there.

I also wonder if Roughhead will look to move into a more specific role or he's happy to keep his finger in a few pies for a bit longer.

Wasnt sure where to post this, but it looks as though there is going to be some talented coaches looking for a new home with the updated soft cap.

I hope we can make the most of it and find a gem amongst them.

Dean Soloman is one that comes to mind. Not sure what happened there as he has been talked up as being a potential senior coach.

Maybe Ratten is happy with what he has but at the same time he hasn't really had the opportunity to put his own team together, more just left with who was already there.

I also wonder if Roughhead will look to move into a more specific role or he's happy to keep his finger in a few pies for a bit longer.
+1.

Wouldn’t mind Kade Simpson if he is interested in coaching - fresh out of the game, connection with Ratts etc

Think Higgins would be perfect as that onfield coach almost IMO

Maybe we might add more Hawks flavour with Puopolo/Stratton in random roles - exciting times ahead :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back