Strategy Brett Ratten returns to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Please be Roughy 🙏

Steve Quartermaine is a Hawks supporter. Just wondering if he has any info or if this is just wishful thinking from a fellow Hawk supporter?

I highly doubt it. From what I understand his wife was the driving factor in returning to Adelaide to be closer to family. Cant see them turning around just a couple of years later to move away from all that.

My bet he's referring to Roughy.

Steve Quartermaine is a Hawks supporter. Just wondering if he has any info or if this is just wishful thinking from a fellow Hawk supporter?

I highly doubt it. From what I understand his wife was the driving factor in returning to Adelaide to be closer to family. Cant see them turning around just a couple of years later to move away from all that.

Of course he's got info.

Was he at the secret lunch the other week?

My hope is he's referring to Hodgey.
He apparently mentioned to someone at the 2013 reunion that he has an interest in coaching.

He'd be a brilliant coach IMO.

He's not cut out for special comments, mainly because he struggles to string sentences together. He has this annoying habit of finishing a sentence with an inflection that suggests he's got more to say, but just stops there.

He's not cut out for special comments, mainly because he struggles to string sentences together. He has this annoying habit of finishing a sentence with an inflection that suggests he's got more to say, but just stops there.
I agree about the special comments. He's much better in longer segments. On SEN for instance, he can be really insightful and much better (I heard him a week or two ago talking about things from a captains point of view and how he'd be approaching each game - was superb).

I've been thinking the special comments problem might be that he's trying to follow a brief and inhibited by it or something.

Last edited:

🤣🤣 He also suffers from the commentators’ curse of zero knowledge of adverbs. Drives me bananas that they’re paid to speak, and everyone constructs sentences so poor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hodge has made mention of getting into coaching side of things in the future and not interested to be a full time comments man. Either he or rough would be great.

Hodge has made mention of getting into coaching side of things in the future and not interested to be a full time comments man. Either he or rough would be great.
Get him back in Melb coaching our boys and his boys away from Brissies academy.
Someone, some how please make that happen.

Is it just me or has he slimmed down a bit since leaving North? No surprise that getting out of that place does wonders for your health!
Looks super healthy, relaxed and happy in the interview.

Always rated Ratts as a coach.

As previous poster said he's probably just too nice a guy to survive as a senior coach in the politics of AFL clubland but has an excellent footy brain and a great person to have around the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back