Universal Love Brett Ratten's Son, Cooper, killed in car accident.

Remove this Banner Ad

RIP Cooper and deepest condolences to Brett and his family
:(

On 7News they said the unaccompanied L-plate driver (?who survived) had been drinking , and had ice on his system :( . Everyone makes mistakes but what a price to pay :(

I can't even imagine what the family is going through right now. To have your life taken at a young age is devastating. You never know what is around the corner, take care everyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"We love you so much and we will miss you forever. You will be with us every minute of every day. You had so much potential and ability in the things you set your mind to. You have been taken way too soon and we will miss your smile, your laugh and all your cheekiness. These memories will last forever. I wish I could kiss you, hug you and hold you tight. I love you, my son. We love you so much always and forever."

"We love you so much and we will miss you forever. You will be with us every minute of every day. You had so much potential and ability in the things you set your mind to. You have been taken way too soon and we will miss your smile, your laugh and all your cheekiness. These memories will last forever. I wish I could kiss you, hug you and hold you tight. I love you, my son. We love you so much always and forever."

:cry:

Heart ... broken.

The eerie thing for me is that I was at Yarra Glen on Saturday watching the seniors play Belgrave where Cooper had earlier played the under 18's. Tragic news. My heartfelt condolences goes out to Ratts and family, and to the Carlton, Hawthorn and Yarra Glen football clubs.

This touched me profoundly. I have three young boys; couldn't imagine going through something like this.

My condolences go to the Ratten family.

Firstly, heartfelt condolences to the Ratten family - no matter the circumstances, this was a tragedy that should never be visited upon anyone.

Secondly, I'm disgusted at the circumstances. As much as Cooper may have been "involved" - an allegedly drunk, and possibly high, teenager has gotten behind the wheel of a car, late at night in heavy fog, and gone tearing through rural roads at 100+ kph. With a couple of his mates in the car. Lo and behold, crash ensues, driver walks away, and the young man in the back seat is dead.

I understand Cooper may have had his share of issues, and probably wasn't a complete innocent, but **** me - I'd hope every young kid takes note of a high profile story like this and promises themselves that they'll never put their friends in a similar position.

Tragic news. Just tragic.

Losing a child must be the hardest thing in life to deal with. As a parent myself I could not even comprehend the thought of one of my children passing before me.

I can't begin to comprehend how painful it would be to lose a child.

My uncle died when he was 18 in a car accident and my nana and pop (and my mum and her siblings) have never gotten over it.

I have been there on two separate occasions but through different circumstances.
It is something that never goes away. It's something that never gets any easier, the only difference is that maybe it just hits you less often and less severely. But anyway, that's another story. I am just trying to put it into some kinda context for those who have never been there. Hopefully, that is most people because I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
On another note, it is good to see fans of other clubs paying their respects.
Some things go far above and beyond the colours of a jumper.

I feel deeply saddened by the tragic news yesterday. Wish the Ratten family all the best through their tough times of sorrow and bereavement. R.I.P. Cooper Ratten. The thought of losing a child would be extremely hard to deal with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back