Player Watch Brett Turner - Delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

They are all not good enough, why would you pick McHenry? We should have kept Riley Knight and used our first rounder on a decent player
Like Duursma who can’t make an average Port side

Agree McHenry is underwhelming but he’s at least got some chance to play a role out of those 3

Talking small forwards ; should have delisted knight then made Pickett or weightman a priority

Rachele finally one we got right

Agree McHenry is underwhelming but he’s at least got some chance to play a role out of those 3

Talking small forwards ; should have delisted knight then made Pickett or weightman a priority

Stengle too, although 1) that was a trade in, and 2) unfortunately didn’t work out off-field

Definitely need to look at players that actually play that small forward role, and/or can kick goals on a relatively consistent basis. It’s why I was big on a guy like Paul Curtis in last year’s draft, knew where the goals were

I guess we thought Rowe could be that guy, but he’s turned out to be more of a high half-forward

Duursma would make our side and they scored Rozee and Butters, we got Jones and McHenry….

McHenry is more than underwhelming and he wouldn’t make an average Port side

He's currently injured. According to Nicks, he'll play in the SANFL after next week's bye.
He looks like he will play 100 games straight and i just wanted to know if i should go early putting him in my super coach team infront of Carmichael ?

Huh? No huge weapons?

How about - High tackle count, good pressure, strong body, strong defensively... oh and he's actually a really good kick of the football.

They are things he does well at SANFL level, but they are a far cry from weapons at AFL level. If I could pick his best asset, it would be his tackling.

My issue with both of these lads (more so Keays) is their inability to hit a target and have a possession to advantage. Keays last year averaged 6 turnovers per game at 65% KE and this year he's improved on that with 5.3 turnovers at 69% and whilst I do like Lairdy he loves kicking to a 2 on 1 and comes from the Neil Craig school of bombing it long / chucking it on the boot in the hope someone marks it. Don't get me started on their handball happy rubbish either. Can't fault either of their efforts but they are not the elite midfielder we are needing right now...
You keep talking about DE. At that 69% is s**t for an inside mid. I give you:

463O. WinesPower1063.7
434J. Horne-FrancisKangaroos1065.7
432C. PetraccaDemons1165.8
398C. OliverDemons1167.5
351B. KeaysCrows1169.6
350L. NealeLions11. 69.68
345D. MundyDockers969.9
344B. CrouchSaints1169.9
333P. DangerfieldCats870.3
263C. RozeePower1173.2
253M. CrouchCrows873.4
249P. CrippsBlues1073.8
237M. BontempelliBulldogs1174.3

121​
9​
79.16​

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not saying it is. But you can understand that frustration
No I ******* can’t, not in THIS thread. Fair dinkum. Some of you seriously need to go outside. Go for a walk and participate in life. The anger you carry around for this club is ridiculously unhealthy.

No I ******* can’t, not in THIS thread. Fair dinkum. Some of you seriously need to go outside. Go for a walk and participate in life. The anger you carry around for this club is ridiculously unhealthy.
Love it when you get upset and I agree that some people aren't happy unless they are picking the s**t out of our players. Unfortunately though I do get very frustrated with the management team whether that be coaches, player development staff and recruitment staff.

I don't think he reads big footy but I'm just saying I understand the frustration.

I'm happy for Brett (which I would hope everyone is)

(What's that saying, I'm not angry, just disappointed! 🤣)

Okay. So you love Lairdy and Benny. Great effort players who can definitely win their own ball.

How about a player swap? Laird for Lachie Neale. Deal or no deal?

...there's your answer as to why we feel like we do.

But... Brett Turner is our new man now. Stop circling looking for another Crows player at charity rates.
Exactly..

There is no way in hell this blackgun bloke, and more importantly the team he supports, would swap Laird or keays for neale.. or laird and keays for literally any of the lions current top experienced midfielders..

He’s effectively telling us all here we should just be happy with, and unquestionably supportive of, the rubbish midfield we currently have at the crows.. whilst he happily supports a team that has one of the best midfields in the comp..

Brilliant!.

Love it when you get upset and I agree that some people aren't happy unless they are picking the s**t out of our players. Unfortunately though I do get very frustrated with the management team whether that be coaches, player development staff and recruitment staff.
As do I. But this thread isn’t the place to voice it.

Glenelg has got an entire metro and country zone at its disposal including players it has "farmed out" to local clubs this season that it can select whenever it wants

Even though that may upset the apple cart of those lower clubs
Glenelg aren’t playing Lucindale for a premiership.

Glenelg aren’t playing Lucindale for a premiership.
So your issue is Adelaide being in the SANFL, not the midseason draft

Fine, I agree an AFL reserves competition would be better for all and hopefully will happen one day

So your issue is Adelaide being in the SANFL, not the midseason draft

Fine, I agree an AFL reserves competition would be better for all and hopefully will happen one day
Yes. I can handle a mid-season draft. I can also handle the Crows Reserves or Port Reserves playing SANFL (it took me a while). It shits me that these two teams can pick off the best player from their opposition to potentially play against them though.

I know that’s not necessarily the aim of the AFL club. They want a good player playing in their ones. But, reality is, that player is likely lining up against his old SANFL club and that is a kick in the guts to those who invest their time and money in following their club. Especially in a season such as this one where the Crows Reserves are likely playing finals.

Yes. I can handle a mid-season draft. I can also handle the Crows Reserves or Port Reserves playing SANFL (it took me a while). It shits me that these two teams can pick off the best player from their opposition to potentially play against them though.

I know that’s not necessarily the aim of the AFL club. They want a good player playing in their ones. But, reality is, that player is likely lining up against his old SANFL club and that is a kick in the guts to those who invest their time and money in following their club. Especially in a season such as this one where the Crows Reserves are likely playing finals.
I understand the rules around players in the Brett Turner predicament but the club should get on the front foot and refuse to play him against Glenelg. Including finals.

Goodwill gesture of value methinks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back