Breust re-signs

Remove this Banner Ad

This speaks volumes for this club. The haters had the daggers out and ready to strike, questioning the wisdom of Clarko and his team. This shows we know who to keep and who we encourage to go and top up their super before fading into the sunset.

or we've signed him up so he can be traded on our terms.....

just sayin

bring it on! :p

iw8v156.gif

Missed the chance to post this upon the news of the re-signing but this is what I had in mind when I read the news. My favourite Bruest fist pump celebration and one I like to emulate when I get good news ;) haha

BUMP...

Can't recall him playing as poorly as he did today.

Didn't tackle, lacked intensity and seemed very lazy, waiting for others to make things happen.

From what I have seen up to half way through the third, I'd drop him and send a very clear reminder...

BUMP...

Didn't tackle, lacked intensity and seemed very lazy, waiting for others to make things happen.

From what I have seen up to half way through the third, I'd drop him and send a very clear reminder...

Nah. Has had a few mates today looking lethargic, even Silk in the first half. Bruest is asked to be almost a one man forward line the first half. He was excellent last week in the packs.

Im a bit dissapointed in Henderson the last two weeks.

Whitecross, Langford, Duryea, Hartung and Henderson all played worse than Breust.
We should be looking at offers that are presented for all 6 of those blokes at the end of the season (including Breust). It frustrates me that we signed Breust for 4 years after last year!

BUMP...

Made 8 tackles for the day, behind only Howe... kicked 2 in the last quarter, set one up for Rough he could have kicked himself, handed one off to Howe who missed and set Langers up for a gimme 20m out (for anyone but Langers who missed).

Not surprisingly looked the most dangerous, like Rough, in the last quarter when we gave our forwards a chance with some actual desire to go forward and look like we wanted to score.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Breust is part of our rebuild to future premiership success. Guys like O'Meara, Mitchell, Glass, Burton, Sicily, (hopefully) Nash, Lovell, Cousins, (Hopefully injury free) O'Rouke and Brand. Add in players that already have a premiership from the 3 peat era, Gunston, McEvoy, Ceglar, Langford, Duryea and Smith. When the nucleus of the new brood starts to work together, they will all start to compliment each other, with Punky being a huge part of our future success.

Made 8 tackles for the day, behind only Howe... kicked 2 in the last quarter, set one up for Rough he could have kicked himself, handed one off to Howe who missed and set Langers up for a gimme 20m out (for anyone but Langers who missed).

Not surprisingly looked the most dangerous, like Rough, in the last quarter when we gave our forwards a chance with some actual desire to go forward and look like we wanted to score.

I thought his stats flattered him a little - very much padded in junk time. The reality is that he's a senior player now and I felt Miles competed far harder when the game was there to be won.

I thought his stats flattered him a little - very much padded in junk time. The reality is that he's a senior player now and I felt Miles competed far harder when the game was there to be won.

He gave us a sniff. The game wasn't over. The reason he came in to it late was because we move the ball in to the forwardline more quickly and with purpose. We did our best to avoid doing that most of the day.

He also tackled the s**t out of the game even when he wasn't getting the ball.

He gave us a sniff. The game wasn't over. The reason he came in to it late was because we move the ball in to the forwardline more quickly and with purpose. We did our best to avoid doing that most of the day.

He also tackled the s**t out of the game even when he wasn't getting the ball.
if he snagged that quick snap it would've been game on. Pretty forgettable game by his standards, but agreed, delivery was awful.

if he snagged that quick snap it would've been game on. Pretty forgettable game by his standards, but agreed, delivery was awful.

Yep it wasn't a gimme.... felt like he thought he had less time than he did. Won't crucify him for it seeing as his mates were spraying set shots out on the full. However it certainly wasn't beyond him and would have livened things right up.

Breust cops more unwarranted criticism than any other player on our list. Time after time I see the knives come out for him when he was probably in the top half of performers on the day.

He laid 8 tackles yesterday, half of his possessions were contested and he had 6 score involvements. Not a lot more he can do when the ball is rarely coming in. And if it's not being kicked to Schoey and TOB then he has no real way of crumbing.

Hardly even close to being a player I'd call out based on yesterday's performance.

He's going to kick 30-35 goals in a year where we've been putrid with our system taking the ball forward. Go check out small forwards historical returns in struggling teams.

Go check out what Betts was doing at Carlton at an even more established point in his career when they were struggling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back