Brexit - The UK referendum on leaving the EU - Reneging, reshmeging!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cognitive dissonance is still strong it seems. I've seen a few articles now of business owners who voted for Brexit moaning about how it is going to hurt their business. All this extra paperwork they have to do for Customs, all this extra paperwork they have to do to hire unskilled cheap East European labourers. I'm laughing every time I see it. Make your bed, lie you it muther*er.

The cognitive dissonance is still strong it seems. I've seen a few articles now of business owners who voted for Brexit moaning about how it is going to hurt their business.

Stop reading the FT and the Guardian.

Already BREXIT is paying massive dividends, the UK is way ahead of France etc in vaccine rollout. Just another remoaner fear campaign blown out of the water. about not joining the EU program.

As criticism mounted, Health Minister Olivier Véran declared "thousands" had been vaccinated on Monday, without giving exact figures. And the French total still appears very low compared to more than 230,000 in Germany, more than 110,000 in Italy, more than 40,500 in Denmark, more than 7,800 in Croatia and more than 2,500 in Estonia. It is also far behind the nearly 1 million who have received a dose in the U.K., where vaccination efforts started earlier.

The EU have bought their vaccine bulk order at half the price. Plus they are going to do it properly and give the second dose at the recommended time. The UK are giving only the first dose in order to inflate the numbers. The second dose which should be done at 21-28 days for maximum effectiveness is going to be pushed out to 12 weeks (72 days).

Be very wary of the UK government just quoting the blind numbers. What matters is the number of people who get fully vaccinated.

Yeah that's aged really well.

Meanwhile .... Another remoaner whine destroyed.

The UK are finished Meds, and you know it.

The deal does not cover services. The UK had a positive trade balance with the EU in services, and a negative trade balance in goods. Now there is a shift going on in services from the UK to the EU. Just about every major international financial services firm is moving operations and capital to new headquarters in the EU.

... and what did BoJo the clown and his team focus on? That's right, fishing. Services got nothing.
... and then he caved in on fishing anyway and agreed to what the EU were offering.

No deal on services is going to cost the UK.

Yeah that's aged really well.

Meanwhile .... Another remoaner whine destroyed.

You are really scrapping the bottom of the barrel right now and it's kinda sad to see you post data based on poor market research and full of confirmation bias.

the Dollar been weak against all majors in the last 6 months or so. GBP has clawed it's way back against the USD just like every other majors did, how's the sterling going against the EUR? The EUR haven't lost ground against the USD at all infact it's higher than what it was before the poll. The EUR has owned the GBP ever since the referendum and GBP haven't made any ground back at all, posting selective data doesn't do you any favours, it just confirms what i believed all along, you are in denial

Last edited:

Already BREXIT is paying massive dividends, the UK is way ahead of France etc in vaccine rollout. Just another remoaner fear campaign blown out of the water. about not joining the EU program.

As criticism mounted, Health Minister Olivier Véran declared "thousands" had been vaccinated on Monday, without giving exact figures. And the French total still appears very low compared to more than 230,000 in Germany, more than 110,000 in Italy, more than 40,500 in Denmark, more than 7,800 in Croatia and more than 2,500 in Estonia. It is also far behind the nearly 1 million who have received a dose in the U.K., where vaccination efforts started earlier.

Massive dividends already...for American companies. The price you pay to 'prove' you are good when you are actually impotent. These companies love gullible brexiters!

My employers have seen an 85% increase in their shipping costs as of January 1st. That's not exactly a massive dividend.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

My employers have seen an 85% increase in their shipping costs as of January 1st. That's not exactly a massive dividend.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Indeed, massive dividends for the ordinary folks out there. I think meds must be in logistics business, if so, good on him.

How is this a Brexit dividend? How does the UK compare to other countries? France 24 just gave three factors - not enough staff, not enough preservation material, extended patient informed consent. Didn’t mention EU regulations.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because French laziness/incompetence is related to the EU...

I swear you moronic leavers will attach anything to the EU just to slant it. No wonder you supported Bus Boy and his lies. I mean you lie like he does. I've never seen you post once without a lie that's easily fact checked as wrong.

The pound at 2,5 year high is like Joe Burns bragging about his 50 against India chasing 85 for victory.
Meanwhile against the Euro it's worse than it was 5 years ago when this thing called a referendum happened. Says more about the US dollar than the Pound.

Meanwhile against the Euro it's worse than it was 5 years ago when this thing called a referendum happened. Says more about the US dollar than the Pound.

Amazing that medusala is claiming that as a win! while leaving all references out to the EUR. Facepalm isn't even sufficient for this.

Amazing that medusala is claiming that as a win! while leaving all references out to the EUR. Facepalm isn't even sufficient for this.

esp considering he is a big man in the city

UK didnt secure the passporting rights they were after, the deal is heavily in favour of EU.

May wanted freedom of movement etc, from memory.

UK based media organisations must be filthy at not being able to broadcast in the EU unless they move part of their business there. Bet that chestnut wasn't brought up when Brexit was first pushed through.

The cognitive dissonance is still strong it seems. I've seen a few articles now of business owners who voted for Brexit moaning about how it is going to hurt their business. All this extra paperwork they have to do for Customs, all this extra paperwork they have to do to hire unskilled cheap East European labourers. I'm laughing every time I see it. Make your bed, lie you it mutherf***er.

One positive of Brexit is no more need to fund polish street signs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back