Brexit - The UK referendum on leaving the EU - Reneging, reshmeging!

Remove this Banner Ad

Total Power

Hall of Famer
Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
Is it just me or food just got more expensive? i regularly buy certain stuff from ASDA and amazon online for a few years now, but it looks the price bump is quite noticeable on many things.

Bradesmaen

Hall of Famer
Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Is it just me or food just got more expensive? i regularly buy certain stuff from ASDA and amazon online for a few years now, but it looks the price bump is quite noticeable on many things.
Haven't been to mainland UK since 2019 (NI since August last year), so I can't say. Hasn't really changed in Ireland.

Admiral Byng

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Seems like the UK is learning the difference between tariff-free trade and frictionless trade inside a customs unions. Non-tariff barriers are an integral part of the EU customs union.

They thought the rules applied to member states was bad, they are nothing compared to outside countries.

Total Power

Hall of Famer
Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
Seems like the UK is learning the difference between tariff-free trade and frictionless trade inside a customs unions. Non-tariff barriers are an integral part of the EU customs union.

They thought the rules applied to member states was bad, they are nothing compared to outside countries.
When you are led by Brexiters who are led by a moron and a pathogical liar, you expect nothing better.

"There will be no non-tariff barriers to trade" — Boris Johnson.

Northalives

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2005
Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PORT ADELAIDE
Lets see whom the little Englanders are going to blame now for their own fu** ups. Any guesses? Scotland? N.I? Those filthy Polish in the UK? Or back to brown people are the real problem again? Anyone but themselves.
That lot up Bradford way, you know the Pakis and the darkies, the coolies and the camel jockeys.

Remove this Banner Ad