Brexit - The UK referendum on leaving the EU - Reneging, reshmeging!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
why do you call people who don't agree with you "shitters"?

Just like they call us 'remoaners'? why do they call people they don't agree with 'moaners?
why not look at how individual manufacturing bases and prosperity have diminished for most nations since the EU?

Has got little to do with EU and lot to do with the rise of the developing markets in Asia. It's been a worldwide trend that manufacturing has moved out and still moving out of developed nations to places like China. Look at Australia as an example.

Just like they call us 'remoaners'? why do they call people they don't agree with 'moaners?

Has got little to do with EU and lot to do with the rise of the developing markets in Asia. It's been a worldwide trend that manufacturing has moved out and still moving out of developed nations to places like China. Look at Australia as an example.
yeah Australia broke China doing ok

I know what you mean

so you believe the EU brings about more democracy ?

can you explain how?
I'll explain how it brings less

let's go! :)
Yeah nice.

I've got a better idea. How about you tell me about how the world has become less democratic since 1960 and I'll tell you how you're wrong.

for starters Europeans don't vote technocrats when they go to elections
so they vote in France or Italy etc
and policy is dictated to them by Brussels

you disagree?

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1BH1JH

any wonder why everybody wants to tell the EU to get stuffed?

you vote in your country and some faceless bureaucrats tell you what you must do

The EU can't survive
The eurozone will die

most people in Europe have had a gutful

it's not the rise of the right

it's the crash and burn of the eussr

watch it fall apart

Last edited:
for starters Europeans don't vote technocrats when they go to elections
so they vote in France or Italy etc
and policy is dictated to them by Brussels
So i assume the UK gets to choose their PM yet?

and you would be wrong about being unelected.

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/europpblog/2016/06/21/is-the-eu-really-run-by-unelected-bureaucrats/

Some EU officials are unelected bureaucrats. But that is a pointless statement; the day-to-day work in every government is carried out by unelected bureaucrats. They work for elected officials.

There are, of course, questions about whether the EU - and, equally, whether any government - has given too much power to unelected bureaucrats, whether there is sufficient oversight, what sort of controls exist, etc.

But these aren't questions that you can answer by simply noting the existence of unelected bureaucrats.

I have read articles from express.co.uk saying its a democratic deficit, but it depends on how you define it. EU institutions and processes require far more democratic checks and balances than any single state parliament to get anything passed. Also, the EU Parliament is much safer, does much more work and has more powers in some respects than many state assemblies, all while being directly elected by Europeans.

So, unless you define "democratic deficit" to be almost solely about transparency, education and access for ordinary citizens, there's not much more you can do to reform EU's institutions that would make them more democratic while still being permitted by national governments. That hasn't stopped proposals or even actual reforms happening all the time (remember the color card system of the Subsidiarity Early Warning Mechanism?).

Unsupported conclusion:

"its democracy is not functioning well enough without a common demos to make it work" - the EU voting systems and institutions work demonstrably extremely well for their purpose. Probably better than quite a few state assemblies. There are very few countries around the world that can boast more progress and more legislation agreed during the same time than the European Communities and EU. This is in no small part due to contributions by the UK (the subject of this article), especially for the European Court of Justice, the enforcer and dispute resolution mechanism of these rules, and reforms around expansion.

To summarise"

EU president - approved by the EU commission and EU parliament (see below).
EU commission - appointed by elected Governments.
EU parliament - elected by the population of the EU on a PR system.
Council of Europe - formed of democratically elected leaders of European nations.

Monarchy - gets job by dint of accident of birth.
House of Lord's - gets job by dint of accident of birth or appointed by MPs.
House of Commons - institution where a party which received around 35% of the vote gets a majority of seats.
UK Prime Minister: chosen by the queen, not by the people.

Now, which has the democratic deficit again?

Last edited:
yeah Australia broke China doing ok

I know what you mean
The fact that we don't manufacture anything anymore? our jobs are being shipped to China? our farmers are forced to shoot their livestock cause we decide to import from 3rd world countries despite having everything here? seriously!!

Now, which has the democratic deficit again?

lol. When a huge proportion of the UKs laws are due to those of a foreign power it takes a special sort of person not to see an issue with lack of democracy.

And referendums. Vote the wrong way and what happens? EU tells you to have another one.

Latest BS scare story from the joke that is the Independent.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...am-fox-dit-friends-of-the-earth-a8475006.html

How Australia's meat industry plans to flood post-Brexit Britain with products banned in EU

We have gone through this before, 63% is the wrong figure. The number is somewhere inbetween 13 to 63, but most laws are environmental or logistics related. I see this as a good thing. You don't pay for food safety standards for example, it will cost you atleast 3 billion a year to set it up. The EU food safety standards are the highest in the world.

and from your article:

Growth hormones that have been banned in the EU since 1981 due to health concerns are used on about 40 percent of Australian cattle and have been in employed for more than three decades.

That's cool if you want to eat stuff with growth hormones, i dont. The article is spot on, US is doing that in south america sending low quality US produce there, why wouldn't Australia? US food and safety standards are beyond s**t. This is the same reason why countries like India are also vouching for relaxed food safety standards after Brexit, so that they can send their ***** product for dimwits like Farage to consume. This is a no brainer, i am in the industry as an exporter... EU food safety standards are insanely high...ask anyone who is in the industry but stop reading express

https://www.ft.com/content/04bbf02a-85ce-11e8-96dd-fa565ec55929

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to our resident Brexshiters, we dont need unskilled labour, that's great, ask em fat lazy Brits on dole to pick fruit then. So magically we will replace these 85,000 workers with these dole bludgers who don't want to pick fruit or work in other farms.

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-f...-in-fields-as-eu-workers-move-abroad-11453766
nice story
lol

they need all those immigrants to pick crops?
bwahaha
and before now they didn't need them

but now what you're proposing is a cotton plantation set up?

are you for real?

nice story
lol

they need all those immigrants to pick crops?
bwahaha
and before now they didn't need them

but now what you're proposing is a cotton plantation set up?

are you for real?

Yes they do, we have discussed this before, these are not jobs the British public wants to do, i am not saying this, NFU said this. Go ahead prove me wrong. And its not just crops, its also pig farms etc.

The reason why most Brits don't see this as attractive is they will lose unemployment benefits for doing 'seasonal' work. No one wants to go through the hassle of applying for benefits again. Seasonal work is low paid, so they won't be making too much anyway.

Last edited:
you mean so for centuries till today the fruit was picked and now it isn't being picked so there needs to be a mass migration of illegals to pick it!
and you're saying all this with a serious demeanor?

you mean so for centuries till today the fruit was picked and now it isn't being picked so there needs to be a mass migration of illegals to pick it!
and you're saying all this with a serious demeanor?

1. The concept of unemployment benefit is relatively new.

2. You have no idea how the real world works.

1. The concept of unemployment benefit is relatively new.

2. You have no idea how the real world works.
no
I think you have no idea

unemployment befits might be new but not this new lol

so what you're thinking is all of a sudden people stopped working and put themselves on the dole and lucky we have millions of Africans Kurds Pakistanis and middle eastern people Or Bulgarians Romanians Poles.. cotton pickers in this new plantation?

look mate!

I dunno if you've ever been to a farm but most of it is automated these days

The small percentage that isn't is more of a problem in a country like Australia where population density is not there

same can't be said about Britain

I think you're the one who has no clue

try going to Mildura for example

go check out an asparagus farm or something

no
I think you have no idea

unemployment befits might be new but not this new lol

so what you're thinking is all of a sudden people stopped working and put themselves on the dole and lucky we have millions of Africans Kurds Pakistanis and middle eastern people Or Bulgarians Romanians Poles.. cotton pickers in this new plantation?

look mate!

I dunno if you've ever been to a farm but most of it is automated these days

The small percentage that isn't is more of a problem in a country like Australia where population density is not there

same can't be said about Britain

I think you're the one who has no clue

try going to Mildura for example

go check out an asparagus farm or something

lol, you are the one who is talking about 'centuries', i explained it to you why they don't do now. Now yu have changed the subject to automated farming, do you have any understanding how developed Australian farming is compared to the one in UK???? You sound quite naive to me with all due respect. Automated farming doesn't happen overnight and weather and cost is a massive constraint in the UK as well. Try reading the article, why do you think 0.86% of the British people are employed in the farm? cause they are not skilled enough? or it doesn't pay enough? or they dont want to work? NFU said advertisements offering jobs results in less than 10% of the total applications coming from Brits. These are not my numbers, so why don't you research why they don't want to apply for such jobs? think before ranting, read the article below and educate yourself, i am not engaging with someone who lack basic understanding of how things work in the UK

https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/people/...w-brits-prepared-to-pick-fruit/554452.article

Last edited:
Says the bloke who just compared Aussie farming and Mildura with UK. Where the * did i say UK will have rotten fruit??? the seasonal workers visa is here to stay.

And i didnt say anything about Russia, the leaked file clearly stated what was offered, i didn't say that it DID happen, did i?

Stop pretending you know anything about Brexit at all, this is a brexit thread, if you want to post irrelevant stuff, head off to another thread.

You have clearly demonstrated you lack understanding about Brexit, as i said i am not going to engage with someone who doesn't understand the basics of how UK works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back