Brexit - The UK referendum on leaving the EU - Reneging, reshmeging!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes no sense. Two ideological opposites cannot be put in the same position on an ideological spectrum.

They are not opposites by any stretch. They clash over some issues but they are not opposites.

They are both right wing economically, they just have different opinions on immigration.

This is similar to the split between the ALP and the Communists in Australia, the Communists were anti immigration particularly from ex-Fascist countries, and the ALP were not. But at the time they were both still left wing parties.

They are not opposites by any stretch. They clash over some issues but they are not opposites.

They are both right wing economically, they just have different opinions on immigration.

This is similar to the split between the ALP and the Communists in Australia, the Communists were anti immigration particularly from ex-Fascist countries, and the ALP were not. But at the time they were both still left wing parties.

Do traditional conservatives really seem like they care about worshipping the free market? They voted to leave the EU, they voted in Trump, they're switching to One Nation - none of which is in favour of liberal, so-called 'right wing', free market economics.

It seems to me like the insistence on the left-right spectrum existing is causing these people and parties to be placed in categories to which they don't belong.

Do traditional conservatives really seem like they care about worshipping the free market? They voted to leave the EU, they voted in Trump, they're switching to One Nation - none of which is in favour of liberal, so-called 'right wing', free market economics.

It seems to me like the insistence on the left-right spectrum existing is causing these people and parties to be placed in categories to which they don't belong.

Traditional conservatives arent very smart. They are more focused on being aocially right wing i.e. racism, sexism, entrenched power structures and willfully voting against their own interests as long as they are better off than some group of others like women, or jews, or boat people. They have historically been the target of rich corporates as a voting bloc because they are so easily duped. Quite often they are religious.

If they were smart enough to realise they could vote for actual self interest instead of hatred for other people, and they will never be that smart, they would probably vote along far left wing economic lines. But they dont because they are very stupid people.

Traditional conservatives arent very smart. They are more focused on being aocially right wing i.e. racism, sexism, entrenched power structures and willfully voting against their own interests as long as they are better off than some group of others like women, or jews, or boat people. They have historically been the target of rich corporates as a voting bloc because they are so easily duped. Quite often they are religious.

If they were smart enough to realise they could vote for actual self interest instead of hatred for other people, and they will never be that smart, they would probably vote along far left wing economic lines. But they dont because they are very stupid people.

Ah, I see, your ability to answer the question is impaired by your own political views.

3C37FCA500000578-4130034-image-a-59_1484698744889.jpg

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4130034/Theresa-s-Brexit-speech-puts-Cameron-shame.html#ixzz4W5SiDMU9
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Seems to me its just a ruse to cut funding to the other sides programs. I mean, after over a decade of 'free market thinking' telling us to let outdated industries just fail, we then had the finance industry saying they were 'different' and now outdated power sources are working like mad to buy politicians.

I say we should have let them rot, the shocks would have passed by now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i hear the reddit shill-army are blaming not a bunch of old racist whinging pommies for brexit but... putin

why am i not surpised

qsgq7x.jpg

There's nothing sweeter than watching M16 & the C.I.A getting their jimmies rustled.:thumbsu:....But, but. but, we run the world.

frankfurt has the muscle. London ceases to be the capital for trading...

All frankfurt has is Bund trading. Where do Commerzbank and Deutsche have their trading HQ?

Heard same tosh when EURO came in. London became no 1 finance city after that. EURO denominated trading is only a small part of the City, it dominates numerous areas like fx, insurance, shipping etc.

And as stated above the place is a dump.

Banks already seriously looking at relocating to dublin, amsterdam, or frankfurt.

#smoke
#pancake
#tulips

All frankfurt has is Bund trading. Where do Commerzbank and Deutsche have their trading HQ?

Heard same tosh when EURO came in. London became no 1 finance city after that. EURO denominated trading is only a small part of the City, it dominates numerous areas like fx, insurance, shipping etc.

And as stated above the place is a dump.

funny old thing the City of London Corporation

Figures I heard the other day...

Population of Frankfurt, ~700K
Number of people who work in the city of London...~750K

If there's one thing you can guarantee it's the city of London will get looked after

It's also mildly amusing how the UKIP and scottishn nationals are so opposite. But only one of them must by hypocritical

Population of City London is 8k, City of Melbourne is 128k.

Yeah, but when you're talking about moving the financial industry, the number that works there matters a lot more than those who live there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back