News Brian Cooks replacement

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People suggesting old mate from Oakley or even the former Aus post CEO are deluded. Our game is miniature on a world wide scale. Not just the salary we’d pay, but the turnover of business financially. My best mate is a global CEO based in Canada. He’s a footy tragic and would make An Outstanding CEO. He laughs at the idea and asks why he’s walk away from a business with hundreds of millions of annual turnover to a tiny (in comparison) turnover with an AFL club. Factor in his salary that’s over a million a year, to an AFL one where he’s probably on $350,000 at most. It won’t happen.

People suggesting old mate from Oakley or even the former Aus post CEO are deluded. Our game is miniature on a world wide scale. Not just the salary we’d pay, but the turnover of business financially. My best mate is a global CEO based in Canada. He’s a footy tragic and would make An Outstanding CEO. He laughs at the idea and asks why he’s walk away from a business with hundreds of millions of annual turnover to a tiny (in comparison) turnover with an AFL club. Factor in his salary that’s over a million a year, to an AFL one where he’s probably on $350,000 at most. It won’t happen.
If he was true blue, then he'd be looking at how he could turn the GFC into a company that generates hundreds of millions each year and increase the importance of the role of the CEO. Sounds like he's a fan of easy work.

Some people focus on the money, some people focus on other things in life. To each their own, but I'm guessing not every CEO around the world only looks at their salary or the business turnover.

If he was true blue, then he'd be looking at how he could turn the GFC into a company that generates hundreds of millions each year and increase the importance of the role of the CEO. Sounds like he's a fan of easy work.
All CEO are a fan of easy work with a high salary , it’s why every working class citizen hates them

Cook is on over $650KPA I am pretty sure.

Guess who's staying on...just in a slightly different role

GEELONG has secured a major off-season signature, with chief executive Brian Cook locked away at the club for a further two years.
Cook is stepping down from his role as Cats CEO at the end of the season but will take up a new position as an advisor for the stage five development of GMHBA Stadium.

Speaking at the Geelong Football Club president’s luncheon on Saturday, Cats president Craig Drummond thanked Cook for his services at the club for more than 20 years.

“I am very pleased to announce that Brian Cook has signed a two-year contract to provide ongoing services to the Geelong Football Club as chairman of our foundation and as stage five key stakeholder advisor,” Drummond said.

Dave matthews from gws name being thrown around. Don’t know if thats good or bad. Was he the one sooking about the jezza trade?

I think he was. I remember Jason McCartney (their list manager?) saying just after the trade period that negotiations with Wellsy were hard but always fair and respectful, unlike certain other teams.

We'll consider him... but only if he brings Lachie Ash and Tanner Bruhn with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dave Matthews I reckon has done a great job in difficult circumstances at GWS, look at how they are going compared to the shambles that is GCS. Plus he has administration pedigree at Geelong under Cookie and Costa - worth serious consideration

Caro Wilson asked Steve Hocking yesterday on 3AW whether he would put himself up to be interviewed for the CEO job at Geelong. Hocking responded by saying how much he enjoys his current job, how much he's learnt, etc. Caro's reponse, "You haven't really answered my question!" What do we make of that?

Caro Wilson asked Steve Hocking yesterday on 3AW whether he would put himself up to be interviewed for the CEO job at Geelong. Hocking responded by saying how much he enjoys his current job, how much he's learnt, etc. Caro's reponse, "You haven't really answered my question!" What do we make of that?
Of course he would take it if offered, a club CEO role is a career step up from his current role. I'm not convinced he is the right fit though, https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ge...t/news-story/8c6b5b6c044e7d17ddc63a6043fb98b3 was given the COO role and didn't last very long before being put into the pure football 'Football Manager" role. Don't think that was a promotion.

Tom Browne reporting Cook will be appointed CEO of Carlton in a matter of weeks. If true why would he take on that job at this stage of his life?

Tom Browne reporting Cook will be appointed CEO of Carlton in a matter of weeks. If true why would he take on that job at this stage of his life?
Can’t understand why he would. He wanted to retire and has a part time deal for next year to oversee the stadium development. It’s not like he needs the money, he’d be loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back