Alien/UFO Brian Cox - We haven't found aliens yet because they are dead - Humans are next.

Remove this Banner Ad

darthbards

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
May 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
And you believe in magic?
The magic comparison by science when it comes to religion is just a childish go to because they know they have no argument, simply because they have no place belonging to the argument. This they struggle with.

Humans are narcissists,and scientists believe they can answer everything. The reality is they cannot. There is nothing wrong with that unless the ego doesn't let you comprehend a pretty simple notion.

In the world of the supernatural,science just simply does not apply. To think it does just shows a misunderstanding of what is what.

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
The magic comparison by science when it comes to religion is just a childish go to because they know they have no argument, simply because they have no place belonging to the argument. This they struggle with.

Humans are narcissists,and scientists believe they can answer everything. The reality is they cannot. There is nothing wrong with that unless the ego doesn't let you comprehend a pretty simple notion.

In the world of the supernatural,science just simply does not apply. To think it does just shows a misunderstanding of what is what.
Again,you misrepresent everything science stands for.
Oh,so you're an expert in the supernatural now are you?
In what institution did you complete these studies?
The Astrological Homeopathy Reiki Institute for Really Gifted Flat Earth Conspiracists University.

darthbards

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
May 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Again,you misrepresent everything science stands for.
Oh,so you're an expert in the supernatural now are you?
In what institution did you complete these studies?
The Astrological Homeopathy Reiki Institute for Really Gifted Flat Earth Conspiracists University.
Ummm,never said I was an expert in the supernatural.
I think you misrepresent by continueing to discuss religion every chance you get.
It's not scientific in any shape or form. Science has no place in the discussion, but it's you who seems to think it does.

The belief in a god is purely a faith. If people are happy with that so be it. You can't push your beliefs on them if they simply do not apply.

chelseacarlton

Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
Ummm,never said I was an expert in the supernatural.
Sounds and reads like expert knowledge to me!
Where did you study the supernatural and the scientific method?

darthbards

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
May 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Sounds and reads like expert knowledge to me!
Where did you study the supernatural and the scientific method?
Again,I don't study or particularly believe or disbelieve in the supernatural. I'm just stating what it is.

Why do you keep debating points that are completely irrelevant to one another?

Science has no place in a supernatural discussion. I've clearly said there is nothing wrong with that,unless our egos don't allow us to seperate what is possible for the human senses to understand from what isn't.

This again would become a seperate debate based primarily around ego and narcissism.

darthbards

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
May 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What?

Do you believe in Santa?
Santa is easily explained and widely accepted. He is a fictional character created for the excitement of children.

Can you explain his relevance to this discussion or provide a source that suggests he is worshipped and accepted as nothing more than fictional by billions of people?

Santa is easily explained and widely accepted. He is a fictional character created for the excitement of children.

Can you explain his relevance to this discussion or provide a source that suggests he is worshipped and accepted as nothing more than fictional by billions of people?
I would've thought it was pretty clear.

God is Santa for adults.

"Be good and you'll get an eternal afterlife, children!"

chelseacarlton

Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
Again,I don't study or particularly believe or disbelieve in the supernatural. I'm just stating what it is.

Why do you keep debating points that are completely irrelevant to one another?

Science has no place in a supernatural discussion. I've clearly said there is nothing wrong with that,unless our egos don't allow us to seperate what is possible for the human senses to understand from what isn't.

This again would become a seperate debate based primarily around ego and narcissism.
1.what is it?
2.how did "you" come to this conclusion,a very scientific one at that?

darthbards

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
May 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I would've thought it was pretty clear.

God is Santa for adults.

"Be good and you'll get an eternal afterlife, children!"
Not really clear in the context of which I asked the question.
One is widely accepted as fictional while the other is worshipped and believed by billions of people,of all ages.

It just seemed the comment was more for children on an adult forum or I just didn't understand its relevance I guess.

Not meaning to be disrespectful, it just seems a really strange angle to pursue.

darthbards

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
May 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
1.what is it?
2.how did "you" come to this conclusion,a very scientific one at that?
1.It's not scientific.
2.Science has no place in the discussion unless we branch into the science of physcology and discuss ego and narcissism.

I've made this point perfectly clear.
Why do you keep mentioning science in an area it has no place and does not belong?
Why do you make every thread you are apart of a religious discussion when you clearly have no interest in the field apart from your own issues raised in point two?

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
The Astrological Homeopathy Reiki Institute for Really Gifted Flat Earth Conspiracy theorists University.

Don't knock it....I tried to get in, but my SAT scores just wouldn't cut it.

And people knocking Santa Claus in a thread about Aliens, really do need to take a long, hard look at themselves.

chelseacarlton

Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
1.It's not scientific.
2.Science has no place in the discussion unless we branch into the science of physcology and discuss ego and narcissism.

I've made this point perfectly clear.
Why do you keep mentioning science in an area it has no place and does not belong?
Why do you make every thread you are apart of a religious discussion when you clearly have no interest in the field apart from your own issues raised in point two?
1.so it is unmeasurable or untestable,therefore mostly irrelevant,check!
2.so it is scientific,measurable and testable,check!
I didn't make this a philosophical discussion,I was just replying to someone who did.
In many ways it is though,in context,are we next?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

darthbards

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
May 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
1.so it is unmeasurable or untestable,therefore mostly irrelevant,check!
2.so it is scientific,measurable and testable,check!
I didn't make this a philosophical discussion,I was just replying to someone who did.
In many ways it is though,in context,are we next?
You really don't get it hey?

darthbards

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
May 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Fall-back option 101.

At a bare minimum, you bring a refreshing perspective to the table....I like it.:thumbsu:
Maybe I'm just a minimalist. Can't see to much wrong with that.I'm not sitting an exam here.

Some people just keep bringing pre conceived ideologies to forums they don't belong or trying to shove their beliefs down people's throats out of context. A time,a place, is important to any worthwhile discussion,as opposed to hysteria and hatred.

I certainly think,as I've mentioned and been ignored,that most of the recent comments relate to ego and narcissism and nothing more. A fair few comments here just have no place and probably detract from those with worthwhile viewpoints,who just couldn't be bothered with the 'Winnie Blue' type stuff.

l
And people knocking Santa Claus in a thread about Aliens, really do need to take a long, hard look at themselves.

darthbards said:
The spaghetti monster and Santa Clause element to the discussion is just embarrassing on so many levels.

Fall-back option 101.

At a bare minimum, you bring a refreshing perspective to the table....I like it.:thumbsu:
It's pretty simple guys.

The entire premise of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is "you can't prove that it's not real, therefore you must respect my belief".

It's a parody of the Christian God and every other dreamt up religion on the face of the globe.

There's no proof of Santa either, btw, but yet adults are smart enough to know it's all a fanciful story.

Lastly, flat earthers posting that mentioning the FSM is embarrassing is pretty damn funny.

chelseacarlton

Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
You really don't get it hey?
From the man himself,I'll let him have the final word!
IMG_4308.JPG

darthbards

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
May 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It's pretty simple guys.

The entire premise of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is "you can't prove that it's not real, therefore you must respect my belief".

It's a parody of the Christian God and every other dreamt up religion on the face of the globe.

There's no proof of Santa either, btw, but yet adults are smart enough to know it's all a fanciful story.

Lastly, flat earthers posting that mentioning the FSM is embarrassing is pretty damn funny.
That's all cool man but do you actually have any figures,sources etc that say the billions of people who understand Santa to be fictional because they adore the smiles on children's faces correlates in any way to the billions of people who go to church and worship a god?apart from the birth of Christ which is a separate argument.
They seem to be apple's and oranges I guess.
Santa is widely acknowledged as fictional,like Mickey Mouse. No one has mentioned him as a conspiracy apart from yourself.

That's all cool man but do you actually have any figures,sources etc that say the billions of people who understand Santa to be fictional because they adore the smiles on children's faces correlates in any way to the billions of people who go to church and worship a god?apart from the birth of Christ which is a separate argument.
They seem to be apple's and oranges I guess.
Santa is widely acknowledged as fictional,like Mickey Mouse. No one has mentioned him as a conspiracy apart from yourself.
That's the joke.

Billions of people all around the globe know Santa is a fictitious character, but many of these same people think that the geographical god of their region is the one true superpower who is going to give them eternal life as long as they are good*.

* You may notice the comparison to Santa and kids being rewarded with good behavior.

Why can't I put stupid spaghetti comments on ignore?
The mere existence of the Flying Spaghetti Monster parody is going to haunt you no matter what.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Wow....Fancy bagging out old Santa Claus hey....One of the best creations & coolest characters ever imagined by contemporary Western mythos.

Some posters just seem unable to grasp the magic & mystery entailed within the human imagination....Sad really....I guess our imagination's aren't real either.

I'll leave our hardcore materialistic realists to ponder that one over....Can't wait to hear the rebuttals.:rolleyes:

darthbards

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
May 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
That's the joke.

Billions of people all around the globe know Santa is a fictitious character, but many of these same people think that the geographical god of their region is the one true superpower who is going to give them eternal life as long as they are good*.

* You may notice the comparison to Santa and kids being rewarded with good behavior.
I still don't get it because people acknowledge Santa is fictional.
Am I missing something here?

Oct 15, 2007
PCO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The concept of a deity has been pondered, discussed, believed in, disbelieved in, described, prayed to, sacrificed in the name of, drawn and written about by every major culture in history. Do we know for sure? No. But a lot of human endeavour has gone into trying to work it out.

Could there be a God? Absolutely there could be. Might there not be a God? Absolutely there might not be. IMO definitively ruling a God in or out is as incorrect as each other.

Having said that I am perfectly ok with ruling out the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back