Remove this Banner Ad

Plugger35

The umpires are always right!
Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
How good is this series? Listening to Brian chat to other old rockers.

Brian is very humble but he is a great old rocker himself, a great replacement for Bon Scott.

Plugger35

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
One of my favourite episodes was Lars from Metallica taking Brian into their clubhouse with all the flags from around the world they had thrown on stage.

Spearman

Premiership Player
Sep 15, 2017
expatriated in East Asia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ohio State Buckeyes
Some good episodes when he has good chemistry with the guest, Plant, some not so and a bit forced.
There are a few I haven't seen yet.

Tangent: another good interviewer is Rick Wakeman from a while ago. Great sessions with Jon Lord, Ian Anderson

Plugger35

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams

Osho

By God and the mauser.
Jul 9, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
All a bit too fabricated, middle of road, and commercial for my liking, as has been ACDC pretty much since 1982.

edgie

TheBrownDog
Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
One of my favourite episodes was Lars from Metallica taking Brian into their clubhouse with all the flags from around the world they had thrown on stage.

Helps that they kinda knew each other.

AC/DC, Angus particularly, are notorious for having no interest in mixing with other bands. Perhaps there was an exception for Metallica.

Only really Bon and original bassist Mark Evans did. One time they performed with Cheap Trick.

Interceptor

All Australian
Aug 20, 2009
London, UK
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood

AC/DC, Angus particularly, are notorious for having no interest in mixing with other bands. Perhaps there was an exception for Metallica.

Only really Bon and original bassist Mark Evans did. One time they performed with Cheap Trick.
No mention of AC/DC and the Stones?

edgie

TheBrownDog
Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brian has also sung live with Billy Joel, does that count? :)
Was that during his intermission from AC/DC? I am aware of it. Apparently he and Cliff also made a solo album together.

Most of these things came late, post 2000. During the 80s and 90s you wouldn't have found a bigger band that shut themselves away from the rest of the industry.

Apparently Malcolm Young and Eddie Van Halen went out a few times. Angus just went to bed.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Interceptor

All Australian
Aug 20, 2009
London, UK
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Was that during his intermission from AC/DC? I am aware of it. Apparently he and Cliff also made a solo album together.

Most of these things came late, post 2000. During the 80s and 90s you wouldn't have found a bigger band that shut themselves away from the rest of the industry.

Apparently Malcolm Young and Eddie Van Halen went out a few times. Angus just went to bed.

Looks like Brian joined Billy on stage a few times during 2014 (for You Shook Me All Night Long).

Also noticed Brian did Back in Black with Muse at the Reading Festival in 2017.

backtozero

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Guns N Roses?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Partridge

Hall of Famer
Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong
That's about the only one.

There's Chuck Berry, The Rolling Stones, AC/DC, then nobody, according to the Youngs.

Pretty sure the Youngs were massive Free fans as well (no surprise if you've listened to Angus' guitar style).

edgie

TheBrownDog
Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Remember an interview with Angus in like 1983 or something where he called Van Halen a pop band.

This was 1983 before the synth and the ballads.

STFU Donnie

Premiership Player
Jul 31, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton
I know this thread is about Brian, but I thought it would be OK to drop this tribute to Bon. It's from the annual Bonfest, held in his boyhood home of Kirriemuir to honour Bon and AC/DC. And it's effing awesome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad