GeordieRoo

Premiership Player
Dec 17, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Newcastle United
He is an absolute piece of s**t of a human, a perfect embodiment of the organisation he started his career with.

You will note he also slagged off Drew after the GF last year.

Perhaps his hate for North stems from Drew humiliating him by kicking 6 in a quarter on him in 07.

He can't even justify this comment as Boomer was out best in a finals win last year, so is still clearly best 22.

It's ****ed that the football gods gave him those flags. campaigner.

So K4E no lubb IUB or Luke Hodge. :cry:
Both are tolerable. Look Luke Hodge is a fantastic player and will be remembered fondly by most people, but there will be also quite a lot of people who remember the bad aspects. Carey is a good example of this, champion player and leader, is remembered fondly by some, but became an outcast because of an extra-martial affair, then the police charges, which I won't go into.

IschenkoUBeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Apr 18, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Both are tolerable. Look Luke Hodge is a fantastic player and will be remembered fondly by most people, but there will be also quite a lot of people who remember the bad aspects. Carey is a good example of this, champion player and leader, is remembered fondly by some, but became an outcast because of an extra-martial affair, then the police charges, which I won't go into.
Carey and Cousins, yes. But Hodge for a drink driving charge where he was only just over.....FFS no way.

A bit like saying 300 gamer Adam Simpson will be popularly remembered for Boris the chicken....or Voss (a clean skin like Simpson and Hodge for their careers bar the one incident) will be popularly remembered for his involvement in a bar brawl.

The K4E doth protest too much, methinks ;)

Think you're getting a little bit out of hand here. Just concede you lost the argument and we all move on.
Conceding an argument that people are remembered for good and bad things, I'm not sure why its such an issue accepting that people will be remembered as both good and bad.

May 17, 2009
Melbourne , Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Think you're getting a little bit out of hand here. Just concede you lost the argument and we all move on.

I dont think either of you won/lost the argument. You both make valid points. Ofcourse he will be remembered by SOME as a great leader and terrific footballer but there will always be SOME that remember all the on and off field acts he has commited. And if you think otherwise you are delusional.

Probably best to get over it anyway imo.

Carey and Cousins, yes. But Hodge for a drink driving charge where he was only just over.....FFS no way.

A bit like saying 300 gamer Adam Simpson will be popularly remembered for Boris the chicken....or Voss (a clean skin like Simpson and Hodge for their careers bar the one incident) will be popularly remembered for his involvement in a bar braw
l.
Yet there are, (more so the first one) that chicken story is dragged up every year on opposition boards and even the MB now and again. As for the Voss stuff, people generally remember his poor coaching efforts rather than a pub brawl and his on-field accomplishments. s**t sticks, it's just whether you choose to ignore.

Anyway moving on, this is a rather pointless argument over semantics and use of language.

I dont think either of you won/lost the argument. You both make valid points. Ofcourse he will be remembered by SOME as a great leader and terrific footballer but there will always be SOME that remember all the on and off field acts he has commited. And if you think otherwise you are delusional.

Probably best to get over it anyway imo.
Sadly, not even the worst argument I have had on bigfooty this year, so many pointless arguments that go nowhere.

Its been a long summer and this thread is the icing on people scraping the bottom of the barrel of relevance.

BOUNCE THE Ball already! !
I thought that it was the trade thread that did that.

Back