scooby1279

Norm Smith Medallist
May 15, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
kangaroos
So Brian Lake told everyone the reason why he chose not to play on with Essendon who offered him $150,000 plus game day payments and said he would have only played on for selfish reason then he pulled this out......

The only reasons I would have done it (are) selfish - if I was on 290 games and I wanted to get to 300, a bit like `Boomer' who wants to break the record," he said.

What a knob.

Rockstar6

Premiership Player
Dec 23, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Utah Jazz
Yeah because Boomer looks cooked doesn't he? Maybe if Boomer was showing his age (which he isn't) it would be selfish to chase the record. Lake was nothing but a dirty grub but I do agree playing for * would taint your career.

Morcosovich

Senior List
Apr 8, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He's not serious is he, the reason why boomer is still playing on is that hes still a very good player and still has the drive/hunger to continue. An example of a great player being selfish, is them not being anywhere near best 22 and continuing to play on knowing the club would remain loyal and keep gifting games.

The article below clearly cements Boomer as one of the most valued players in the league.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-20/who-is-the-best-kick-in-the-afl-the-results-may-surprise-you

Mr. Blonde

Premiership Player
Dec 16, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
So Brian Lake told everyone the reason why he chose not to play on with Essendon who offered him $150,000 plus game day payments and said he would have only played on for selfish reason then he pulled this out......

The only reasons I would have done it (are) selfish - if I was on 290 games and I wanted to get to 300, a bit like `Boomer' who wants to break the record," he said.

What a knob.
Where did he make this comment?

HELLSBELLS

Club Legend
Jun 18, 2007
VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
It's ok guys i see him at my local Coles all the time. He can expect a trolley in his legs and when hits the deck I'm pouncing on him to get one back for Drew.

Nothing but a big dopey sack of horse turds. Never mind the fact Boomer is still dominating and loves the game meanwhile he got told by Hawthorn to pack his bags. Flog.

Donkey Chop

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Brain Lake? Why is he even aloud to have an opinion on a champion like Boomer?

What a *******

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What a C.R.E.T.I.N. :rolleyes:

1404789232183.jpg

But he said on the 360 the other night that players don't retire, they get pushed, indicating he would have played on with Hawthorn.

So by his own logic, Harvey is still playing well enough, and Brian Harris-Lake-Douchecanoe wasn't.

Maybe just a little salty.

May 17, 2009
Melbourne , Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Obviously still a bit salty about that marking contest where Boomer showed up Lake for the squib he was.

Remember the last time someone said Boomer was selfish (jermie), Boomer come out and played a blinder that weekend. Il take one of those tomorrow.

Back