Brian Lake calls Boomer selfish

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Boomer still playing at local level and dealing with suburban snipers just like Lake. Manages to avoid belting them. Because he's not a campaigner who is disliked by every team mate he ever played with.

Brian is a different type of campaigner altogether to be sure....The kind that makes the difference between a 3-peat & also-rans.....Fact is, every side needs one just like him.

No one ever claimed that he wasn't a black sheep.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Brian is a different type of campaigner altogether to be sure....The kind that makes the difference between a 3-peat & also-rans.....Fact is, every side needs one just like him.

No one ever claimed that he wasn't a black sheep.
Black Sheep is selling his off field endeavours short.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
How many shots you reckon people have taken at Boomer in the league he played in after he finished up?

Weak excuse is weak.
He appears to be hiding behind excuses for all his actions.

I suspect he's he's probably just a campaigner.

He appears to be hiding behind excuses for all his actions.

I suspect he's he's probably just a campaigner.

Suspect?

The trash bag held Drew on the ground trying to choke him.

A 197cm/101kgs AFL footballer.

God knows what he'd be trying to do to some bloke in the burbs who was beating him

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Black Sheep is selling his off field endeavours short.

My mistake obviously...I thought the subject up for discussion was his on-field behaviour.

Anyhow....He'll always be remembered fondly down Glenferrie way for the impact he had in his 3 seasons there....54 games, 10 Finals & 3 Premierships later.....That's quite some legacy for a Black Sheep campaigner.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
My mistake obviously...I thought the subject up for discussion was his on-field behaviour.

Anyhow....He'll always be remembered fondly down Glenferrie way for the impact he had in his 3 seasons there....54 games, 10 Finals & 3 Premierships later.....That's quite some legacy for a Black Sheep campaigner.

Fabulous. He’s still a campaigner on and off field and I imagine Hawthorn won’t be coming to his aid any time soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
Fabulous. He’s still a campaigner on and off field and I imagine Hawthorn won’t be coming to his aid any time soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah pretty sure every former and current Hawthorn player is a 'top bloke'.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
so in you world he plays in 2017 to bring us from 15th to top 8? and then what? in 2018 he STILL plays and scrapes us into the finals?

yea...i'd prefer to develop some youth.
Well you got what you wanted and now we're 14th. :thumbsu:

Btw in 2017 Nathan Hrovat played every single game. Ostensibly in Boomer's position. Double :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

LDU is the single reason I am able to deal with this decision without the use of medication.

Mcarcherey

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well you got what you wanted and now we're 14th. :thumbsu:

Btw in 2017 Nathan Hrovat played every single game. Ostensibly in Boomer's position. Double :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

LDU is the single reason I am able to deal with this decision without the use of medication.

you certainly need medication, don't think it's for anxiety though....

i'd love to hear your rationale as to how we wouldn't be 14th this year if boomer played on, you seriously think he'd be playing today at age 40? you can't use the hrovat excuse as he's only played once.

Handsome.B.Wonderful

Premiership Player
Jan 13, 2006
Bigfooty
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Is that you Brian?

Since you're here on the North board lets reminisce about the time Petrie kicked 6 on you in a quarter, or the time he kicked 5 on you and you tried to choke him out.

I suspect you are probably busy staking out your wife and stealing from her house right now, catch up for some sushi later?

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
you certainly need medication, don't think it's for anxiety though....

i'd love to hear your rationale as to how we wouldn't be 14th this year if boomer played on, you seriously think he'd be playing today at age 40? you can't use the hrovat excuse as he's only played once.
What should I be taking?

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Brian Lake m reminds me of people talk about and say, ‘he comes across a bit strange but he’s not a bad guy. He’s just a bit different’. Then the cops find someone buried under his house.

That's more the M/O of your typical quiet model citizen, with latent psychopathic tendencies....Whereas Lakey is more your stumbling, fumbling Socio-path variety.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
You’re right. He’s just a average man who can’t control his emotions.

Mate, if you keep engaging this idiot, he will never leave. He's cooked.

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
Reported 6 times in his 2 seasons in local footy.

He's a complete grub.

So choking Drewy (up there with old mates chicken wing tackle on Patch as low unsportsmanlike acts) is indicative of this blokes true colours. Knowing a fair bit about Japan and their culture, they're a pretty tolerant lot, you'd have to F up royally to get arrested there.

Back