Rumour Brian Lake done for trespassing

Remove this Banner Ad

So he's back out on the streets with the magistrate saying "If you had a history, I would incarcerate you." Er, isn't he guilty of doing these things while on BAIL for the same crimes? Ah well, thankfully tragedy never stems from a jilted bloke who can't stop stalking his ex-wife and illegally entering her house.
Adrian Bayley was on bail for a violent assault when he killed Jill Meagher. And he had a long history of violent crimes.

Unless you kill someone, it's almost impossible to get remanded. And even then sometimes you get bail.

But do 50 in a 40 zone that used to be a 60 zone and you're in trouble.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So he's back out on the streets with the magistrate saying "If you had a history, I would incarcerate you." Er, isn't he guilty of doing these things while on BAIL for the same crimes? Ah well, thankfully tragedy never stems from a jilted bloke who can't stop stalking his ex-wife and illegally entering her house.
I was going to comment on this also.

Is his guilty plea on the incidents this week or from his previous bender?

one thing that I don't get with these sort of "AFL player's life goes horribly down the toilet" kinda stories is that surely Hawks (or whichever team, one analogy would be the Eagles and Cousins) has the resources to cover for this? Surely he's got old colleagues, old support staff he really liked etc who can counsel him and help him somewhat. Get him somewhere to crash. Pay for rehab/counselling/whatever if he'll take it. Stage an intervention? I know not everyone wants to go to rehab/get professional help etc, even when they badly need it, but he's not some complete random joe off the street. Surely they can do something about it.

one thing that I don't get with these sort of "AFL player's life goes horribly down the toilet" kinda stories is that surely Hawks (or whichever team, one analogy would be the Eagles and Cousins) has the resources to cover for this? Surely he's got old colleagues, old support staff he really liked etc who can counsel him and help him somewhat. Get him somewhere to crash. Pay for rehab/counselling/whatever if he'll take it. Stage an intervention? I know not everyone wants to go to rehab/get professional help etc, even when they badly need it, but he's not some complete random joe off the street. Surely they can do something about it.
You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink.

That cliché only goes so far though. We're talking a very big business which has Lake's best interests in mind (for cynical reasons or not, it doesn't matter). They would have a lot of different ways to make the horse reconsider drinking water, yknow? Moreso than you or I, anyway.

That cliché only goes so far though. We're talking a very big business which has Lake's best interests in mind (for cynical reasons or not, it doesn't matter). They would have a lot of different ways to make the horse reconsider drinking water, yknow? Moreso than you or I, anyway.
The guys misses left him, he went off tap.
He needed anger management years ago to prevent this weeks outburst.
Nothing the clubs could have done , he is very much the individual who follows his own rules.

The guys misses left him ...
... for a woman and either he can't accept that she left him, or he can but he cannot accept that she left him for a woman.

Seems to me the magistrate is waiting for him to seriously assault or kill his ex or one of his children before he is given jail time.

This is merely what many other DV survivors and victims have been through themselves.

She needs to get some male protection to teach him a lesson, that is, if he ever goes near her again.

... for a woman and either he can't accept that she left him, or he can but he cannot accept that she left him for a woman.

Seems to me the magistrate is waiting for him to seriously assault or kill his ex or one of his children before he is given jail time.

This is merely what many other DV survivors and victims have been through themselves.

She needs to get some male protection to teach him a lesson, that is, if he ever goes near her again.

It's so frustrating seeing so many red flags and warning signs being basically ignored by the magistrate in this case. How many chances does he get? As you say, it will likely take until he violently assaults or kills someone involved and that's just not good enough. If this saga does turn to tragedy there's going to be no excuse for a system that should be working to protect this woman and her children.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back