Scandal Brian Lake gets sprung having a day out, does the public confession / rehab pledge

gardiner stand

Premiership Player
Dec 3, 2010
fitzroy
AFL Club
Carlton
How true. Dale Lewis was crucified by the AFL and the media for speaking the truth. Drugs in football.....fake news :drunk:
The AFL had a massive problem with drug use and their stupid rules enable it.
Just a generalisation but most footballers are dumb arses like most youngens theses days.
Tatts, instagram, Snapchat, drugs, alcohol and a hard road ahead.

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Brian Lake was well liked at Hawthorn. He is a bit of a character.

But Lake didn't really form any strong friendships at Hawthorn. I think it was similar at the WB where he and Cooney were inseparable.

He is still one of us, and much loved, but he was a mature age married player with children who lived on the other side of Melbourne.

I wondered why we didn't see him on Fox this year. I thought he was good value.

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The AFL had a massive problem with drug use and their stupid rules enable it.
Just a generalisation but most footballers are dumb arses like most youngens theses days.
Tatts, instagram, Snapchat, drugs, alcohol and a hard road ahead.

What would you change about the AFL rules re drugs?

I wouldn't change anything personally , except the drug testing seems to not be working if Cousins and others never get caught.

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Lake seems pretty likeable but he really burned some bridges on his way out of the Dogs. He’s done very well for himself in footy but he was always known for being immature off field. Take away structure and he’s clearly ended up in a hole.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
I wondered why we didn't see him on Fox this year. I thought he was good value.

He was on FOX until he had to go film survivor, he was a captain on the beep test and still did yesterdays heroes on bounce for the first probably 8-10 rounds. He left without explanation which I thought was sus, turns out he was just filming survivor.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yep. Question I have with these sort of things is whether they want or (more to the point) need to change.

I could be very wrong but someone like Lake just strikes me as a pretty normal dropkick.

He goes out and has a good time, sometimes takes it too far, gets in trouble, but nothing serious.

Then someone takes a photo of the obvious and it’s all “oh I’ve gotta go to rehab” etc. I mean give me a break. Do we really need these tearful episodes?

I reckon there’s a fair chance Lake doesn’t even think he’s done the slightest thing wrong and won’t change anything. It’s all PR, which is notoriously shitscared of the conservative population in a “lowest common denominator” sense.

I’m sure they’re told to do this garbage in case they’ve damaged a publicly visible career. I mean ****in Mumford ffs. Apparently there was talk of rehab. It’s some random video from years ago. He’s led a pretty normal life since.

It’s all just such bullshit.

there's sfa chance that he's going to rehab. couple of weeks in a private location and straight back to normal.

gardiner stand

Premiership Player
Dec 3, 2010
fitzroy
AFL Club
Carlton
If Mumford (the imbecile that he is) is allowed back , would you be happy to have your kids playing for GWS? An 18 year old leaving home for the first time with heaps of time and cash being mentored by this dumb arse. Don’t think so. Bring em home ASAP. Whitfield an example.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
If Mumford (the imbecile that he is) is allowed back , would you be happy to have your kids playing for GWS? An 18 year old leaving home for the first time with heaps of time and cash being mentored by this dumb arse. Don’t think so. Bring em home ASAP. Whitfield an example.
:drunk:

There are more players based in Melbourne doing recreational drugs than in Sydney.

Back