Scandal Brian Lake gets sprung having a day out, does the public confession / rehab pledge

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
How about the AFL sticks to running a footy comp and leaves policing to the police?
Because they are caught out by their policies that they dont enforce

Either have the policies and enforce them or dont have them. Its this half hidden world and denial that allows photos and videos to be consumed and paid for by us as followers and the media

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Yep. Question I have with these sort of things is whether they want or (more to the point) need to change.

I could be very wrong but someone like Lake just strikes me as a pretty normal dropkick.

He goes out and has a good time, sometimes takes it too far, gets in trouble, but nothing serious.

Then someone takes a photo of the obvious and it’s all “oh I’ve gotta go to rehab” etc. I mean give me a break. Do we really need these tearful episodes?

I reckon there’s a fair chance Lake doesn’t even think he’s done the slightest thing wrong and won’t change anything. It’s all PR, which is notoriously shitscared of the conservative population in a “lowest common denominator” sense.

I’m sure they’re told to do this garbage in case they’ve damaged a publicly visible career. I mean ****in Mumford ffs. Apparently there was talk of rehab. It’s some random video from years ago. He’s led a pretty normal life since.

It’s all just such bullshit.
Or they pull out the mental health card. Which is quite frankly disgraceful to those actually fighting depression and other issues. These blokes get sprung being dickheads like plenty of other civilians are at the races and other events but they can't just seem to say "yeah I was a dickhead sorry". It's all damage control. It's the culture they basically grow up in. From their mid teens they've got coaches, mates etc doing everything they can to protect their image and once they get to the AFL it's on a whole different level. Continues after their footy careers.

It's like Garry Lyon getting sprung for dogging his mate Billy Brownless and then going into hiding. They don't want to accept the consequences for their actions like normal members of society.

Big Bryza quietly accumulating the singles and rotating the strike with Mummy, freeing up the Bunyip Belushi to concentrate on racking up the boundaries.
Consummate professional, the Bacardi Bryza.

gardiner stand

Premiership Player
Dec 3, 2010
fitzroy
AFL Club
Carlton
Completely different as Watson was done for performance enhancing drugs while Swan and Cousins were just taking recreational drugs. Cousins would sell his Brownlow before anybody could take it anyway.
“ just taking “... please don’t make it sound like it’s ok. The word recreational implies taking drugs is a choice you make to have fun. I have zero tolerance for drugs and anybody that takes them for fun I judge as stupid regardless of their background.

I reckon there’s a fair chance Lake doesn’t even think he’s done the slightest thing wrong and won’t change anything. It’s all PR, which is notoriously shitscared of the conservative population in a “lowest common denominator” sense.

I’m sure they’re told to do this garbage in case they’ve damaged a publicly visible career. I mean ****in Mumford ffs. Apparently there was talk of rehab. It’s some random video from years ago. He’s led a pretty normal life since.

It’s all just such bullshit.

So true. Lake/Mumford aren't holding their head in their hands, "Oh no, I wish I didn't do those drugs!". They're doing damage control for their careers.

“ just taking “... please don’t make it sound like it’s ok. The word recreational implies taking drugs is a choice you make to have fun. I have zero tolerance for drugs and anybody that takes them for fun I judge as stupid regardless of their background.
.... “Just a Hawthorn forum moderator”.

Back