Play Nice Brian Taylor

Beerfish

Lifestyle Influencer
Jan 20, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
MotherMaryDarcy
Look coming from a predominantly TV basis I've been a massive critic in the past and I know there's been a whole dichotomy going with his radio and TV commentary but I just felt tonight he was a lot better and a lot closer to the radio side of the pendulum. Could it be that the retirement of D. Cometti has actually allowed him to potentially have a breakout season? You just get the feeling Bruce straightens him up a bit don't you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mentallo

Premiership Player
Apr 23, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
I think I would struggle if I had to listen to him call a Carlton game otherwise I quite enjoy his commentary. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Borussia Teeth

Club Legend
Dec 19, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man Utd, Seattle Seahawks, SA Spurs
Look coming from a predominantly TV basis I've been a massive critic in the past and I know there's been a whole dichotomy going with his radio and TV commentary but I just felt tonight he was a lot better and a lot closer to the radio side of the pendulum. Could it be that the retirement of D. Cometti has actually allowed him to potentially have a breakout season? You just get the feeling Bruce straightens him up a bit don't you?
Just need Bruce to straighten himself up next.

tugga

May 9, 2006
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tottenham,Red Sox,San Antonio Spurs
Last year it got to the stage where I just couldn't even watch or listen to BT at all.
This year he has remarkably tolerable.

wagstaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2001
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal
Agree he’s much more restrained and tolerable this year – probably similar to how he used to be on Foxtel in the late 00s.

As for the change, I can only summarise Channel 7 treat Sat night footy as the ‘non-serious’ match in their broadcasts and hence make it all jokey and goofing around. If it was entertaining it would be tolerable but it wasn’t.

Top Bottom