Play Nice Brian Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

In basketball, it is slang for "shaking" a defender off and scoring a basket.

Yes, it involves a crossover movement as well as taking the ball around the back. Just how it applies to football is anyone's guess. Just another case of stealing terms from other sports and trying to adapt them to Aussie Rules.

Will be edited to include Bas players plus any others who should be added

Yes, it involves a crossover movement as well as taking the ball around the back. Just how it applies to football is anyone's guess. Just another case of stealing terms from other sports and trying to adapt them to Aussie Rules.

I would guess that he is using it interchangeably with "burn off".

Hated his commentary 4 years ago but now i've grown to like it. Then again it isn't difficult to sound good when paired with Basil and Hame

Hated his commentary 4 years ago but now i've grown to like it. Then again it isn't difficult to sound good when paired with Basil and Hame
He's actually there to call the game. Which he does with inaccuracy and diversion from the real content extremely well.

19275207_1430773437015886_5940629151943414583_n.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BT throwing the toys out of the cot because he didn't get his little ego massage at the end of the game. And in doing so, probably helps justify Sydney's decision in closing him out.

Memo to BT: It aint about you mate. Stop crying you big sook. You run a biased commentary against non-Vic clubs consistently and then get all bent out of shape about why we don't like you that much. Your massive coronary when Essendon had their run on in the last quarter last night compared to the Sydney response at the end was cringeworthy. All that was missing was your traditional "Oh No" when a non Vic club is about to hit the front in a close game. I wish my club had the cojones to keep you out as well.

And BT lack of professionalism shining through in the broadcast today.
Right in the middle of a good Port Adelaide spurt and take a 3 goal lead "did you know that none of Port Adelaide's wins have been over a contender"... wtf? Call the game!
SPP takes a mark 45 out and goes back for a shot at goal "Lot of confidence for a player who doesn't get much of the ball" - um averaging 17 possessions and 4 tackles and a goal for a first year player... wtf?
And who the hell is Corey Wingard?

BT - we know you dont like Port Adelaide and we know you cant hide it, so just dont call the game so you dont ruin it for everyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back