Play Nice Brian Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

Look coming from a predominantly TV basis I've been a massive critic in the past and I know there's been a whole dichotomy going with his radio and TV commentary but I just felt tonight he was a lot better and a lot closer to the radio side of the pendulum. Could it be that the retirement of D. Cometti has actually allowed him to potentially have a breakout season? You just get the feeling Bruce straightens him up a bit don't you?

Better yes, but still can't stand him.

The way he gives his options and then harps on them every five minutes for the rest of the match does my fecking head in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look coming from a predominantly TV basis I've been a massive critic in the past and I know there's been a whole dichotomy going with his radio and TV commentary but I just felt tonight he was a lot better and a lot closer to the radio side of the pendulum. Could it be that the retirement of D. Cometti has actually allowed him to potentially have a breakout season? You just get the feeling Bruce straightens him up a bit don't you?
Just need Bruce to straighten himself up next.

Agree he’s much more restrained and tolerable this year – probably similar to how he used to be on Foxtel in the late 00s.

As for the change, I can only summarise Channel 7 treat Sat night footy as the ‘non-serious’ match in their broadcasts and hence make it all jokey and goofing around. If it was entertaining it would be tolerable but it wasn’t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back