Play Nice Brian Taylor

Brian 'Get around me boys' Taylor is a joke.

Makes everything about himself, jokes about bullshit during the game and dont even get me started about his self indulgent Roaming Brian pile of turds.

With this buffoon being the number 1 caller and old mate Robbo as the chief football writer its no wonder the younger generation are turning off from the sport.

Do you reckon Martin Tyler would ever be caught doing the same s**t he does?

More hyperbole.

Also, does anyone actually keep watching after the game is over beyond the team song? I certainly don't and subsequently don't give a s**t about 'Roaming Brian'. Have never seen it and has nothing to do with calling the game.

BartBart

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 30, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't consider myself a 'devoted fan' of any commentator. I too think it's important which is why I can't agree with you. You're just talking rubbish. He gets players names wrong sometimes. So do all commentators. It's a fast paced sport that quite often has a lot of congestion around the action. As I said before if you have genuine reasons why you don't like him then that's fine but you don't need to make stuff up.

He called Liam Ryan two or three times (at least) on Friday night (Willie) Rioli. I know they are both Indigenous but they don't even look alike. And note this is in the same game where he kept going on & on & on about "Flyin' Ryan". It would be laughable if it weren't so incompetent.

He got other WCE players wrong too. He just isn't professional in your knowledge especially doing it repeatedly. You obviously don't care about an attempt being made in accuracy.

Spearhead

All Australian
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Districts
He called Liam Ryan two or three times (at least) on Friday night (Willie) Rioli. I know they are both Indigenous but they don't even look alike. And note this is in the same game where he kept going on & on & on about "Flyin' Ryan". It would be laughable if it weren't so incompetent.

He got other WCE players wrong too. He just isn't professional in your knowledge especially doing it repeatedly. You obviously don't care about an attempt being made in accuracy.
He also continuously mixed up Michael Apeness & Scott Jones in the Fremantle vs Collingwood game calling Apeness-Jones and vice versa from the very first bounce.
A professional in their craft would at least do some homework & research on who they are calling!

He called Liam Ryan two or three times (at least) on Friday night (Willie) Rioli.
And this is the real crux of why you're here saying he 'doesn't know players names'. He mixed up a couple of The West Coast players, 1 has played 3 games and the other has played 10. Sack him! Sack him! :rolleyes:

He also continuously mixed up Michael Apeness & Scott Jones in the Fremantle vs Collingwood game calling Apeness-Jones and vice versa from the very first bounce.
A professional in their craft would at least do some homework & research on who they are calling!
Who? You mean that guy that's played 8 games with the guy that's played 2? Sack him! Sack him! :rolleyes:

More hyperbole.

Also, does anyone actually keep watching after the game is over beyond the team song? I certainly don't and subsequently don't give a s**t about 'Roaming Brian'. Have never seen it and has nothing to do with calling the game.
Problem is that they talk about Roaming Brian all throughout the game. Not to mention a 5 minute clip during the quarter time or half time breaks claiming 'this is the best of Roaming Brian'

BartBart

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 30, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
And this is the real crux of why you're here saying he 'doesn't know players names'. He mixed up a couple of The West Coast players, 1 has played 3 games and the other has played 10. Sack him! Sack him! :rolleyes:

Maybe, just maybe, you could write off his incompetence because you love BT except his repetition of "Flyin' Ryan" means he ought to know the difference. And we know how his "The Weapon" and "The Package" worked out for the subject of BT's "look at me-isms".

Btw - are you related to him or am I conversing with BT himself? Or one of his fellow Ch7 employees?

Last edited:
Problem is that they talk about Roaming Brian all throughout the game.
No they don't actually. You're exaggerating again.

Not to mention a 5 minute clip during the quarter time or half time breaks claiming 'this is the best of Roaming Brian'
Yeah I don't watch the quarter/half time breaks either because it's not the football. I also don't watch the hour of guff before the game either.

Maybe, just maybe, you could write off his incompetence because you love BT except his repetition of "Flyin' Ryan" means he ought to know the difference. And we know how his "The Weapon" and "The Package" worked out for the subject of BT's "look at me-isms".

Btw - are you related to him or am I conversing with BT himself?
OH BOY! WOWEE!

Nah I'm not and I also don't love him but by the same token I think he's one of the better ones of the current bunch and I certainly don't want to see him sacked because he got one of my team's player's names wrong. I like his sense of humour for the most part and I think he's a pretty good play by play caller. Is he perfect? No but none of them are.

mr bagcroft

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Roaming Brian is just the result of how far we have sunk in making personalities out of idiots that call the game.
Somehow BT has gotten the idea that even if its not ALL about him, it is just a little bit. Well no, not even a little Brian you knob jockey.

mr bagcroft

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
No they don't actually. You're exaggerating again.

Yeah I don't watch the quarter/half time breaks either because it's not the football. I also don't watch the hour of guff before the game either.

OH BOY! WOWEE!

Nah I'm not and I also don't love him but by the same token I think he's one of the better ones of the current bunch and I certainly don't want to see him sacked because he got one of my team's player's names wrong. I like his sense of humour for the most part and I think he's a pretty good play by play caller. Is he perfect? No but none of them are.
Well cant say I agree, at all.
But thats not to say I wont help you out
You see,
BT is a campaigner.

Well cant say I agree, at all.
But thats not to say I wont help you out
You see,
BT is a campaigner.
That's fine. You don't have to agree but when your reasoning is as such it lends little weight to your opinion.

Your telling me BT has no ego out of control????
You think the bile he carries on with is normal and totally acceptable???
You didn't say either of those things. You said he was a campaigner.

And tbh this follow up isn't much better than the hysterical hyperbole I've been trying to address in a calm and reasonable fashion over the last page and a bit.

Spearhead

All Australian
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Who? You mean that guy that's played 8 games with the guy that's played 2? Sack him! Sack him! :rolleyes:
Who cares how many games they have played just do your bloody homework and get the players names, numbers etc correct that is what he is paid for!
I might have forgiven it as a mistake but when it is actually at the very first bounce of the game and Apeness number 35 (Jones is 40) is clear for all to see and Taylor still calls him Jones and does so for most of the match and vice versa...not good enough!

Last edited:
Who cares how many games they have played just do your bloody homework and get the players names, numbers etc correct that is what he is paid for!
I might have forgiven it as a mistake but when it is actually at the very first bounce of the game and Apeness number 35 (Jones is 40) is clear for all to see and Taylor still calls him Jones and does so for most of the match and vice versa...not good enough!
I can forgive someone getting a couple of player names mixed up when they haven't played 15 games between them. Nobody is perfect. He's comfortably better than Bruce, Basil, Dwayne, rompingwins and Darcy for mine.

Have to chuckle when people dismiss 'media types' having a profile - Media types have had a profile since the beginning of TV in 1956 - BT has toned down his commentary to more acceptable levels, though he could be more accurate with his identification of players.

Don't care about having a profile, but trying to make themselves the focus rather than focusing on their job (calling the football) is the issue. So focused on themselves they continuously fail at knowing the players names. Less is more.
Yep. The number 1 problem with alot of the footy media types

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Umm....what do you think BT's job is?
Mixing up a couple of players that have had an AFL career 5 minutes long isn't a sackable offence imo. If it was there'd be nobody commentating games.

Back