Play Nice Brian Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a story about Brian Taylor.

Years ago, BT used to host a nightly radio show on 3UZ. He would take calls, but many of the people who called in just come on to mock Brian or make fun of his weight.

He came across on the show as a humorless miseryguts, and one night, he got so sick of people calling up playing silly buggers, that he cracked it, suspended taking any more calls, and played music instead (he played "Ebony & Ivory" by Stevie Wonder and Paul McCartney).

If he had any listeners after playing that, he came back on and said that he would take more calls, not because the listening audience deserved it, but because that is what a nice guy he is (or management told him to do it or else).

The funny thing is, years later, the humorless curmungeon who hosted that show now tries to play the clown himself, and wants everyone else to laugh at his antics.

Another great call tonight. Love BT and Duck and McAvaney. I feel like Duck straightens up BT and BT straightens up McAvaney. The rest of them can **** off. They're incidental. Your Richos and your Lingys. Just **** off. We can do better.
Richardson is pretty good to be honest.

I think two commentator's and two special comments/boundary-riders is a good mix.

Has anyone else noticed Brian’s absolute non-commentary around Tom Doedee? Interesting given his role as Lever’s cheerleader over the last 18 months.

Called Fogerty Doedee twice last night.

Clearly has no idea and was the first time he had watched Adelaide for the year, completely unprofessional and embarrassing

Regularly, sometimes several times a game, he will have a go at an umpire (often singling them out by their name) for enforcing a rule correctly that he doesn’t agree with.

If you don’t like the rule then that’s fine, he’ll tell us that 25,000 times a match that he doesn’t like it, but to have a go at an individual umpire by name who is enforcing that rule correctly is an absolute joke.
Is BT humanly capable of seeing Ray Chamberlain do something without then pointing out that it's Razor Ray and "he likes to be in the centre of things, Razor"?

Is BT humanly capable of seeing Ray Chamberlain do something without then pointing out that it's Razor Ray and "he likes to be in the centre of things, Razor"?

People like that tend to smell their own type

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another good call last night. Did he get any players/teams wrong? If he did, I didn't notice. I figured out another reason why I prefer him over people like Hudson and Whateley. When things 'get exciting' his voice doesn't go up two octaves and 100 decibels. He gets a bit louder but his voice doesn't have to change to a scream in order to convey things.

Another good call last night. Did he get any players/teams wrong? If he did, I didn't notice. I figured out another reason why I prefer him over people like Hudson and Whateley. When things 'get exciting' his voice doesn't go up two octaves and 100 decibels. He gets a bit louder but his voice doesn't have to change to a scream in order to convey things.
I’m starting to find Hudson extremely irritating

Not satisfied with calling the names of players who play on the same team, correctly, he is now calling players the name of a player from the opposing team.

Did anyone hear him have a crack at Luke Hodge for calling a players name wrong? FMD, this idiot has no self awareness

I’m starting to find Hudson extremely irritating
Over the years he has had a couple of iconic calls which have started to become folk law.
The problem is, based on those, he is starting to drink his own bath water.
Now he thinks ever sentence he utters will end up becoming folk law and thus he is becoming just another try-hard

Nankervis with the dog act walk away from BT. I think BT is knobhead,but I thought that was a bit of a dick move from Nank,could have just said no thanks mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back