Zarrix

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
Honestly, I don't mind Brian Taylor. He is a colour commentator, clown of the circus; and doesn't pretend to be anything to the contrary. As long as he is paired with a sensible co-commentator (eg. Bruce or Jason Bennett) he is perfectly fine. Dwayne Russell, whose commentary consists of canned catch phrases, and Basil Zempilas, who is downright incompetent, are far worse.

Consolaçao

All Australian
May 22, 2007
Melbourne Town
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Phnom Penh Utd (curling)
Nankervis with the dog act walk away from BT. I think BT is knobhead,but I thought that was a bit of a dick move from Nank,could have just said no thanks mate

If this happened as described, I have a new favourite Richmond player. And amazing that you could possibly see this as a ‘dog act’?
Perhaps he sees the segment for the dross that it is? Maybe he understands that the segment is just a vehicle for BTs ego? Perhaps he just wants to enjoy a win with his teammates without some unfunny loudmouth getting in his face?

Falcon27

Club Legend
Sep 8, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Eddie an Darcy reckon BT is the vainest commentator in AFL. Claim his wife has to record the amount of face time he gets

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/b...r/news-story/8d141a2cbab4c8af00f194264add5634
This article really epitomises the cringe worthiness of footy media. The fact that this makes it as a top news story on one of the national media platforms is just ridiculous. Once again the footy media making themselves the story rather then talking about players, clubs, tactics and the game.

Back