Brian Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

Brian Taylor is good for footy and it is typical of Australia that so many people spend so much time whingeing about him.

He's a bit of a character, sometimes a bit of a goose, but have you ever tried commentating a game of footy?

Taylor brings excitement, his calls are almost never dull even when the game is (which is often these days).

Hate on Taylor but next time you walk past a mirror, take a hard look at a hater. Cos that's all you are.

Well in my opinion he is not good for footy. I think at best he is a very ordinary commentator. We all have cracks at McAvaney for his use of the word "special", but BT is worse with the the way he pronounces "Llooooyd" and when he says he kicks with his "wrong right" foot. Yes I know what he means but good commentators simply say he "kicks/uses his wrong or non-preferred foot". On TV, if we really want to know which foot is the natural kicking foot, we can actually work that out by watching the screen, if we are that interested.

He's a first class buffoon is BT. Fantasia has said that the correct pronunciation is "fanta sia" and BT just underlines how much of an idiot he is when he says he will ignore that and call him what he wants to.

Brian Taylor is good for footy.
Wrong.

Brian Taylor epitomises a lot of what is is wrong with footy and football media these days.

- caters to the lowest common denominator
- tries to create false excitement rather than just calling the game
- he's an ignorant pig
- part of the boys' club who've never made it to men
- the cult of personality where he tries to be as important or more important than the players or the game
- incapable of actual analysis or independent thought

I don't think I need to go on. I've dedicated enough time to this oxygen thief.

I find Brian quite entertaining on MMM when he allows himself to be the butt of everyone's jokes and is self deprecating enough to acknowledge that he's ridiculous. But when he tries to turn his hand to serious coment on the state of the game he clearly sees North as a soft target and tries to boost his own popularity with the ignorant masses by appealing to their prejudices. He's the Peter Dutton of AFL commentary, and we're the Sudanese community.

I find Brian quite entertaining on MMM when he allows himself to be the butt of everyone's jokes and is self deprecating enough to acknowledge that he's ridiculous. But when he tries to turn his hand to serious coment on the state of the game he clearly sees North as a soft target and tries to boost his own popularity with the ignorant masses by appealing to their prejudices. He's the Peter Dutton of AFL commentary, and we're the Sudanese community.
Correct, never criticises the 'big four' for anything.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wrong.

Brian Taylor epitomises a lot of what is is wrong with footy and football media these days.

We follow the AFL, mate. Who exactly do you think is the primary demographic of football followers in this country?
Some games are dull.
- he's an ignorant pig
Schoolyard nonsense.
Patently untrue.

If people want to hate on Taylor, go for it. You are ruining your own enjoyment of the game. Taylor isn't going anywhere.

Same with Dwayne Russell. I used to let this forum affect my opinion of him. Now I just enjoy his calling for what it is. I enjoy games a lot more now, because I don't spend my time hating on the callers. Their job is a lot tougher than some people seem to realise.

Coniglio from the paint!...

Wrong.

- he's an ignorant pig
- the cult of personality where he tries to be as important or more important than the players or the game

I don't think I need to go on. I've dedicated enough time to this oxygen thief.

Just listen to Lou and Captain Blood - even though they were big personalities their commentary was pretty straight - their personalities came out in the commentary organically. BT is a ******* narcissist who can’t take criticism and makes it all about himself - I can’t listen to him

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schoolyard nonsense.

Just listen to Lou and Captain Blood - even though they were big personalities their commentary was pretty straight - their personalities came out in the commentary organically. BT is a ******* narcissist who can’t take criticism and makes it all about himself - I can’t listen to him

The difference between boys and men.

Interesting thread. Based on some of the views being expressed, it goes a way to confirming my suspicions as to the new identity of a previously banned poster who suffered from delusions of greatness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back