Brian Wilson Live At The Roxy

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 17, 2000
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fitzroy
I just bought the new double CD 'Brian Wilson Live At The Roxy' and felt it was SO worthy to be raved about!!!!!! :D

Some of Bri's solo performances have been pretty patchy over the years........although in the last 5 or 6 years with the 'Imagination' and 'Pet Sounds' tours, he's shown his best. So 'Roxy' wasn't much of a surprise quality-wise.

Some of the absolute gems included in this set include great performances of such classics as 'This Whole World', 'Don't Worry Baby', 'California Girls', 'Surfer Girl', awesome versions of 'Darlin' and 'Let's Go Away For Awhile', 'Til I Die'.

A lovely tribute to his brother Carl with 'Lay Down Burden', a VERY moving version of his 1988 hit 'Love & Mercy', a very cute cover of his fave song ever, 'Be My Baby' and the biggest surprise of the set, a snippet from the Barenaked Ladies song 'Brian Wilson', HAD to have a giggle at that. :D

A couple of songs definitely miss, namely 'God Only Knows' and 'All Summer Long', a little disappointing but hey. :)

The CD contains a couple of bonus tracks, and a great 2interview with Brian at the end.

I'm very sad that I missed the Roxy shows, but this is almost like being there. Almost :D

9/10........definitely worth checking out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back