Bridget McKenzie pork-barrelling - Sports Rorts 2.0... and now 3.0!

Over 130 emails between the PMs and Sports Ministers offices, decisions made during caretaker period. This just keeps getting dodgier with every passing day. More heads need to roll.

Over 130 emails between the PMs and Sports Ministers offices, decisions made during caretaker period. This just keeps getting dodgier with every passing day. More heads need to roll.

MORE ???

How about even ONE ?????

MORE ???

How about even ONE ?????

Fair call. McKenzie is a scalp, but this requires full guillotine of all involved.

The latest out of the hearing show the entire program was an absolute farce. The highest ranked application, with a ranking of 98/100 and conveniently located in a safe Nationals seat, did not receive a single cent in funding.

Hands down, the most unashamed and deliberate rort in Australian history.

Edit: Between opening the link an hour ago and posting after making dinner, it has been paywalled, so this will have to do.

Fair call. McKenzie is a scalp, but this requires full guillotine of all involved.

The latest out of the hearing show the entire program was an absolute farce. The highest ranked application, with a ranking of 98/100 and conveniently located in a safe Nationals seat, did not receive a single cent in funding.

Hands down, the most unashamed and deliberate rort in Australian history.

I'm not even regarding that as a scalp.

If we go on the libs usual M.O. , she'll be back in a ministerial role within 2 years , susssssssssan ley exhibit A

McKenzie is now blaming others for backdating documents that went to-and-fro with the PMO.

This mess won't go away. Such a ******* sham.

McKenzie is now blaming others for backdating documents that went to-and-fro with the PMO.

This mess won't go away. Such a ******* sham.
duttons mouthpiece on insiders this morning started with the " her office is/was a shambles with a high turnover of staff etc etc "

If anyone goes it certainly won't be the pm , not even convinced bridget will lose her job - too liberal

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
and here lies the problem.

We SHOULD be outraged by this. Governments should fall over such misuse of funds and clear breaches of the public trust!

But really, we all know that both sides are just as bad, and if we kicked this mob out, the other lot would do the same crap. It might be different programs, and the details would vary, but the pork would still be well and truly barreled.
No, no they're ******* not. Stop buying into that argument; I'm unequivocally not saying that the ALP has never done it, but the depths to which the Coalition have plumbed since Howard as far as the porkbarrel goes have been the worst of it, by a significant margin.

Last edited:
WTF

https://www.crikey.com.au/2020/03/30/conflicted-interests-bridget-mckenzie/
Her failure is all the more serious because, as Inq’s investigation shows, for almost two years, McKenzie was part of a parliamentary body — the Senate standing committee of Senators’ Interests — responsible for ensuring that senators are aware of conflict of interest rules and declare any conflicts, with regular updates if needed, on the register of senators’ interests.

Need to update your list NSWCROW

WTF

https://www.crikey.com.au/2020/03/30/conflicted-interests-bridget-mckenzie/
Her failure is all the more serious because, as Inq’s investigation shows, for almost two years, McKenzie was part of a parliamentary body — the Senate standing committee of Senators’ Interests — responsible for ensuring that senators are aware of conflict of interest rules and declare any conflicts, with regular updates if needed, on the register of senators’ interests.

Need to update your list NSWCROW
Feels so long ago now

The economy could've done with that money right now too

Apparently it was her duty to rort taxpayers money for party political purposes.

Or she was just operating on PR advice that she should try to distract from the real issue of abusing her official position to the straw man of whether or not she was allowed to show discretion.

In a 20-page submission to a Senate inquiry, the former sports minister insisted she had taken responsibility for her actions, having quit the frontbench earlier this year.

But the now-backbencher defended her ministerial intervention in the program.

"I make no apology for exercising ministerial discretion," she said in her statement.
"To do so was my prerogative, but more importantly, it was my responsibility."

May 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton

Apparently it was her duty to rort taxpayers money for party political purposes.

Or she was just operating on PR advice that she should try to distract from the real issue of abusing her official position to the straw man of whether or not she was allowed to show discretion.

In a 20-page submission to a Senate inquiry, the former sports minister insisted she had taken responsibility for her actions, having quit the frontbench earlier this year.

Going to go with distraction there Eddie. This situation/event requires an inquiry (she must be loving covid interference), utterly shameful.

DAlembert

Club Legend
Mar 12, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong

Nothing like a bit of OverReach. Bloody storm in a tea cup considering the World we now live in. I look around me and I see lot's of sporting clubs have up dated change rooms ...perfect grounds and facilities catering for Males and females. We should be happy that the Government had a grants scheme at all shows what a well off country we WERE. But really this is just a political stoush and has no short or long term impact on the way we live. A lot to do about NOTHING.

Nothing like a bit of OverReach. Bloody storm in a tea cup considering the World we now live in. I look around me and I see lot's of sporting clubs have up dated change rooms ...perfect grounds and facilities catering for Males and females. We should be happy that the Government had a grants scheme at all shows what a well off country we WERE. But really this is just a political stoush and has no short or long term impact on the way we live. A lot to do about NOTHING.
By that token, if an MP spends a billion dollars of our defence budget resurfacing their driveway we should just cop it because we're lucky to have a defence force.

nothing.jpg

Going to go with distraction there Eddie. This situation/event requires an inquiry (she must be loving covid interference), utterly shameful.
More and more she sounds like a pissy town councilor caught with her hand in the til.

Back